Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion

The Scribe

Who wins the 2A State Title?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2A State Title?

I think that the difference between last years Belfry/Ocath game and this years Russell/Ocath game is that Russell will pass the ball when needed. If Ocath defends the run during the 1st and 2nd down then Russell will pass the 3rd.

I'm sure that Ocath learned a lot about the run last year and has made some adjustments to try to control it.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Desales was the first team we have seen in a long time that did not have their hands on their hips by the end of the game - not many played both ways - but those kids were pretty well conditioned last night.

From what I can tell Belfry tried to go to the air some last night - is that true?

Desales was the first team we have seen in a long time that did not have their hands on their hips by the end of the game - not many played both ways - but those kids were pretty well conditioned last night.

From what I can tell Belfry tried to go to the air some last night - is that true?

Yes that is true. Belfry had trouble running the ball against Russell so they spread the field more in the second half. 4-10 passing.

Hey pirate - defense is much better than last year - and we defend the pass very well.

Last year Jones and Howard plus a great line were just more than our defense could handle - but I'm telling you - our defense this year is much - much better and the offense is just as good.

Hey pirate - defense is much better than last year - and we defend the pass very well.

Last year Jones and Howard plus a great line were just more than our defense could handle - but I'm telling you - our defense this year is much - much better and the offense is just as good.

Then this year's game will be on more of a level playing field. I know that you have always had awesome receivers and can score quickly, whereas Belfry ate the clock up with the amazing backfield that we had. It was a good game last year.

Is your game still the pass????

And I guess that Russell only has a partial package. :rolleyes:

Obviously BOTH teams have a complete package. You don't get this far in the post season only having a partial package. I think Russell needs to step up the pass coverage BUT thay have proved that they can by stopping Fritz at Fleming. I believe that he was THE leading passer in the regular season according to KHSAA. :sssh:

See you all Saturday.

There you go again....where did I say anything about Russell having a partial package??????????

Then this year's game will be on more of a level playing field. I know that you have always had awesome receivers and can score quickly, whereas Belfry ate the clock up with the amazing backfield that we had. It was a good game last year.

Is your game still the pass????

We are no loner one dimensional. Kamuf and Ijames have given us great yards on the ground. We can run right at you or around you. Kamuf had 167 on the ground last night. Thats one of the reasons in my previous post that I said we were so well balanced this year.

There you go again....where did I say anything about Russell having a partial package??????????

Not said but implied. You say that the Aces have the complete package which leads me to believe that you think that Russell does not. :cool:

Jay kind of touched on it but both the NO TD calls were correct...They were right in front of me and as much as I wanted them both to be wrong they weren't...I was on the goal line about 5 yards off the sideline...On Brown's long run the Belfry defender popped the ball lose at the 1 1/2 yard line...The ball rolled into the endzone & out of bounds...I told the guys I was with immediately that it was a touchback & Belfry's ball...The second one, Brown was down just inside the 1 yard line...Sorry guys!! I wanted those scores BADLY too!!! We would have been up 34-0 and wouldn't have had to go through the 2nd half suspense...

After review I made a mistake, I was wrong and I admit it. Tommy was short but from where we were it looked good. Sorry for the complaining. Thanks for the other view 58- it always helps to have a different view on the situation. Like I said I was wrong. Thanks again.

Not said but implied. You say that the Aces have the complete package which leads me to believe that you think that Russell does not. :cool:

Wrong.....I just believe Catholic has what it takes this year. Taking nothing away from Russell, don't know too much about them. But they have to be very good to beat Belfry.

I pick Russell to win this one. They are an exceptional football team that deserves everything they get. We (Morgan County) have played them 3 times in the past 2 years and there was always great respect that went both ways. I predict Russell wins this one by 2 TD's.

Just waiting for Saturday- We can play against the pass, Yes we beat Fritz, We can play against the run- Balfry. No I have not seen O Cath this year but UI was at the Championship game last year and O Cath was impressive. If they are better than last year, we have alot of game to get ready for. Good luck O Cath. Have a great game.

Lets go Devils !!!!

Russell will be the most physical team that Ocath will play this season write that down.

Man how many times have I heard this over the last 3 weeks! We have been playing the most physical team we will see all year since the 2nd round of the playoffs. I'm glad that is 1 less thing we have to prepare for.