Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion

The Scribe

Who wins the 2A State Title?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2A State Title?

I forgot to mention it earlier, but I would like to congratulate the Belfry Pirates on another great season. You all had another tremendous run this year, and have nothing at all to be ashamed of. Keep your heads up. Seniors, your last 3 years have been unbeliveable. To graduate with 2 State Championships, and a state semi final is something you guys will treasuer the rest of your life. I know that all of the Belfry fans will remember you all for years to come. Good luck in the future. :thumb:

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iPapi, this is the second week in a row we have played great physical teams an we won both times. Must be something to this " Tony "thing . By the way Kamuf had over 100 yds rushing early in the second qtr,anybody at Russell have that many yards for the game.

You played one overhyped team with a great player, but you have not played a great team yet. If Russell can defend the pass at all, they will eat Owensboro Catholic alive.

The only place O-Cath has any edge is that they are fortunate enough to two-platoon, so they shouldn't tire very easily. But, IMO, they don't have near the team Russell will line-up come December 3, 2005.

Put it this way, I'll take Russell by 14.

Ipapi, we have just beat #1,#3 #6 in the last three weeks I don"t think Russell is ranked ,is it??? Also you might say something to Notre Dame,and LOuisville and what other D-1 schools that happen to pick up about three more of F.C.'s players that there really just over hyped.

Ipapi, we have just beat #1,#3 #6 in the last three weeks I don"t think Russell is ranked ,is it??? Also you might say something to Notre Dame,and LOuisville and what other D-1 schools that happen to pick up about three more of F.C.'s players that there really just over hyped.

I believe Russell was ranked 4th in the last AP poll.

Russell is ranked #3 in the BGP Poll. Both Russell and O'Cath are great teams. That's why they are the only two left standing in AA. It should be a great game. It will be settled on the field next Saturday afternoon, and not by anybody's post here on BGP. This thread is just for everyone's predictions, and everyone is entitled to predict what they want. Let's keep the trash talking out, and enjoy a good week of talk up to the Championship game. :thumb:

Try tonight!!!

I don't know the totals, but I know our QB had an 80 yard scamper and our Halfback had a 60 yard trot....Quite possibly we had 2 people over a 100 for the game.

We do have a kid with 40 TD's this season. And our bad pass defense has had 15 interceptions this year.