Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion

Who wins the 2A State Title? 200 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the 2A State Title?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Hey Francis, the east controls this board, you know it and i know it however, I am pretty sure this will be the year of the PRIVATES in 2-A.....

 

I don't see why the Private schools will be finished in AA after this season. The move to six classes isn't a done deal yet.

 

My post was meant to say that other than Tcat25, I doubt that many people have seen both teams play this season, so for anyone at Russell to dismiss the OC offense would be folly - just as anyone at OC acting as if Russell's Wing-T is obsolete would be a mistake.

 

Frances

  • Replies 336
  • Views 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for Russell to be able to run the ball at will on O'Cath, pretty much like the Belfry Pirates did last year. Coach McGlone wins his 2nd State Championship.

 

 

Russell 35

 

O' Cath 24

 

 

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

 

Thats what they all think....this is not the same D. We are #3 in 2A vs the run. We may give up a few big runs but they always tighten up when it counts.

We have been the under dog all year so one more game makes no difference....I promise you Belfry fans you have not see an offense like this all year....and Barnard has the stats to prove it 4,267 yds 49 tds... and over 2,000 yds rushing to add to the mix...

 

 

 

problem is jones and howard cant cover all 5 recievers....i dont see belfry getting 500 yds either...they are one dimensional and corbin was dangerous in the run and pass...I see Belfry being alot like Trigg Co.

 

 

I dug these two up from last year. I can bring up several more if you like. Didn't you learn your lesson from last year? O'Cath may win the game, but that's the reason they play them. :p

Not to whine about bad calls but even the Belfry announcers on their radio station were questioning calls. The score reflects a Russell win but not the way they won. You should look at another 14 points to be added to the score for the Devils. Yea I know that you are not suppose to gripe about the calls but the calls were absolutely atrotious. I am happy that we won but dont be surprised if Russell wins the state. They play tough ball.

 

Jay kind of touched on it but both the NO TD calls were correct...They were right in front of me and as much as I wanted them both to be wrong they weren't...I was on the goal line about 5 yards off the sideline...On Brown's long run the Belfry defender popped the ball lose at the 1 1/2 yard line...The ball rolled into the endzone & out of bounds...I told the guys I was with immediately that it was a touchback & Belfry's ball...The second one, Brown was down just inside the 1 yard line...Sorry guys!! I wanted those scores BADLY too!!! We would have been up 34-0 and wouldn't have had to go through the 2nd half suspense...

Russell will be the most physical team that Ocath will play this season write that down.

Jay kind of touched on it but both the NO TD calls were correct...They were right in front of me and as much as I wanted them both to be wrong they weren't...I was on the goal line about 5 yards off the sideline...On Brown's long run the Belfry defender popped the ball lose at the 1 1/2 yard line...The ball rolled into the endzone & out of bounds...I told the guys I was with immediately that it was a touchback & Belfry's ball...The second one, Brown was down just inside the 1 yard line...Sorry guys!! I wanted those scores BADLY too!!! We would have been up 34-0 and wouldn't have had to go through the 2nd half suspense...

Brown did fumble before he got to the goalline. He has to learn to protect the ball and not let up. I don't think he will be making that mistake again.

 

Just in case think Leon Lett.

I dug these two up from last year. I can bring up several more if you like. Didn't you learn your lesson from last year? O'Cath may win the game, but that's the reason they play them. :p

:lol: :ylsuper: :lol:

Catholic will probably lose to Russell next week because our defense sucks, our offense sucks, our coaching staff sucks, and up until three years ago we only played flag football!! But you know what, were learning, believe or not we beat the #1.#3,& #6 teams in the last three weeks . Gives a couple more years we will get there.......

Catholic will probably lose to Russell next week because our defense sucks, our offense sucks, our coaching staff sucks, and up until three years ago we only played flag football!! But you know what, were learning, believe or not we beat the #1.#3,& #6 teams in the last three weeks . Gives a couple more years we will get there.......

Wow. How in the world did the Aces beat all of those teams if they are that bad?

 

(Please note the sarcasm)

Catholic will probably lose to Russell next week because our defense sucks, our offense sucks, our coaching staff sucks, and up until three years ago we only played flag football!! But you know what, were learning, believe or not we beat the #1.#3,& #6 teams in the last three weeks . Gives a couple more years we will get there.......

 

Trust me no one is taking anything away from O'Catholic. They are obviously a great team, and program as the last few years have shown. I just believe that Russell deserves some credit and respect too, and it doesn't seem like aces03 believes they do.

You know I thought moderators were suppose to be non biased and control the boards? Maybe not!!

 

 

We are suppose to enforce the rules, and no we aren't supposed to be no biased. We can have a favorite team, and root for whomever we please.

Russell wins this one with a nitty-gritty running game & a stingy D, proving once again that defense wins championships, running the ball is still cool, and Tony Franklin's offense sells tickets and nothing more.

 

Good luck to Coach McGlone and the Red Devils!

Russell wins this one with a nitty-gritty running game & a stingy D, proving once again that defense wins championships, running the ball is still cool, and Tony Franklin's offense sells tickets and nothing more.

 

Good luck to Coach McGlone and the Red Devils!

 

iPapi, this is the second week in a row we have played great physical teams an we won both times. Must be something to this " Tony "thing . By the way Kamuf had over 100 yds rushing early in the second qtr,anybody at Russell have that many yards for the game.

iPapi, this is the second week in a row we have played great physical teams an we won both times. Must be something to this " Tony "thing . By the way Kamuf had over 100 yds rushing early in the second qtr,anybody at Russell have that many yards for the game.

Tonights game or any game this year?

Try tonight!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.