Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion

Who wins the 2A State Title? 200 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the 2A State Title?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I have seen Russell play...(wish I had seen them play at their worse, but didn't happen :irked: ) and I was there last year watching my Pirates win against OCath.

 

I am assuming that OCath plays the same style of ball that I watched last year. A quick style offense that works from the shotgun a lot and big pass plays with 3 to 4 receivers.

 

Two completely different styles of football. Interesting once again. Both teams are hungry for the hardware. Ocath as a revenge for losing last year and Russell for not being there in a few years.

 

I'm hoping that the trophy comes back to the east.

 

Good Luck Russell.

  • Replies 336
  • Views 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...these fans come out of the woodwork....76 post already :scared:

I don't know who I am pulling for in this game....I'll go with the catholic school just for fun :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dug these two up from last year. I can bring up several more if you like. Didn't you learn your lesson from last year? O'Cath may win the game, but that's the reason they play them. :p

 

 

Give me a break! you have to do better than that. That is history!! Totally different teams. Aces have the complete package this year.

I see a "das boot" in the future :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trust me no one is taking anything away from O'Catholic. They are obviously a great team, and program as the last few years have shown. I just believe that Russell deserves some credit and respect too, and it doesn't seem like aces03 believes they do.

 

Where did I say they didn't deserve credit? I picked them to win last night!!! I think your just trying to start something....... :rolleyes:

 

Speaking of NO RESPECT, look what you said in previous post below

 

"I look for Russell to be able to run the ball at will on O'Cath"

 

These are both very good teams. I just give the nod to Catholic. I just see them as the most balanced all around team that Catholic has had in all the years I have been watching them. You act like Im giving your team no respect just because I picked Catholic to win......

My Prediction is: Unlike last week's Belfry/Russell thread this one will not make it through the week...It's obvious that a certain trash talker on the O'Cath side won't let this thread survive... :rolleyes:

 

 

Well said!

Really don't know how anyone can make a prediction on this game. As someone stated, they are both n the finals so obviously both teams are awesome football teams. I know NOTHING about O-Cath. I read about everyone they have played and how they have dominated, but they haven't played Russell and that is what will count on Sat. The same is true of Russell. They have beat some good teams and played well, but they haven't played O-Cath. I HOPE Russell wins, but really won't know until Saturday night. Good luck O-Cath, GO DEVILS!

I sure would like to see Russell win and if they can I'll be right behind them all the way. But from what I know of Owensboro Catholic, they could beat Russell or Belfry or any other 2A team east of Lexington. So I am not going to be optimistic about the Red Devil's chances.

 

However, I will add that Russell has come up with a few wins this year that they weren't supposed to have won!! So there is always hope!!

1- notre Dame, 1- louisville,Micah Johnson ( Mr. Football s/b between hime and Burke) has not committed, - I have not hears where the other 2 will be going -

 

I do not want to take anything away from Russell or O.C. - there's only one way to get this far - and that's to earn it. Both Russell and O.C. have defeated great football programs in Belfry and Fort Campbell to get to the carpet. I think many/most expected Ft. Campbell to win it all this year - as they had an incredible amount of talent on offense and defense.

I know Belfry has a great program - we watched them run straight down our throat time after time in last years 2a championship. I think the big difference this year will be our defense - they seam to dig in and rise to the occasion when it counts - I think last night Desales was denied either 3 or 4 times inside the 10 yd line. Last year - our defense was good - this year they are great!

 

Good Luck to both teams!

That is very impressive five D-1 players on the same team. I don't think Russell has any yet this year although I could be wrong.

 

Who are the D-1 players and what schools have they signed with?

I know of at least three off the top of my head. There is a kid commited to ND, one commited to UofL and of course Johnson that can go anywhere he likes.

1- notre Dame, 1- louisville,Micah Johnson ( Mr. Football s/b between hime and Burke) has not committed, - I have not hears where the other 2 will be going -

 

I do not want to take anything away from Russell or O.C. - there's only one way to get this far - and that's to earn it. Both Russell and O.C. have defeated great football programs in Belfry and Fort Campbell to get to the carpet. I think many/most expected Ft. Campbell to win it all this year - as they had an incredible amount of talent on offense and defense.

I know Belfry has a great program - we watched them run straight down our throat time after time in last years 2a championship. I think the big difference this year will be our defense - they seam to dig in and rise to the occasion when it counts - I think last night Desales was denied either 3 or 4 times inside the 10 yd line. Last year - our defense was good - this year they are great!

 

Good Luck to both teams!

 

Agreed...

Give me a break! you have to do better than that. That is history!! Totally different teams. Aces have the complete package this year.

 

And I guess that Russell only has a partial package. :rolleyes:

 

Obviously BOTH teams have a complete package. You don't get this far in the post season only having a partial package. I think Russell needs to step up the pass coverage BUT thay have proved that they can by stopping Fritz at Fleming. I believe that he was THE leading passer in the regular season according to KHSAA. :sssh:

 

See you all Saturday.

Russell's defense held Belfry to 199 total yards. It sounds like this could be a matchup of two great defenses.

Do many of the Russell players play both ways (offense and defense)?

Do many of the Russell players play both ways (offense and defense)?

Yes.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.