Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion

Who wins the 2A State Title? 200 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the 2A State Title?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

[1week is not enough time to go through boot camp - next week you'll be in the war!

Go aces!

:ylsuper:

 

 

People get killed in wars. I have friends in war as we speak and they are not even thinking about HS football. I know what you mean, but keep it in perspective.

 

Good Luck to both teams.

  • Replies 336
  • Views 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can Russell possible compete with O.C. when they have five D-1 players on there team? I'm not absolutely sure but I don't know of any D-1 players to come out of Russell in the last five years. So how can Russell play with the big teams like O.C.?

 

I think I know. The Coaching staff at Russell take a bunch of kids that are good football players and teaches them to work as a team somewhat like Belfry. Russell has had one GREAT player come along in the last 20 years in Josh Gross. Gross is not a D-1 player who I felt should have been. Yes Jones is a D-1 player from Belfry but he is the exception and was the only one on Belfry's Championship teams.

 

So how can these two teams Russell and Belfry possible compete with O.C. who is loaded with D-1 players (5) or so they say. I think that Belfry just took it to O.C. last year with Team work and a desire to win.

 

I'm not sure how this game will come out, but I know one thing for sure Russell will leave it all out on the field win or lose and I will be there supporting them. T

 

Not sure where you are getting 5?? We have 2 at most from what I hear. Both play on the line.

Fort Campbell has 5 D-1 players - not O.C.

  • Author

Who are the five? Johnson, Gordon, Missafuela.....who else? It seems the number grows more each week.

Scribe - i'm not sure who the other 2 are - I picked that up in our local newspaper.(That there were 5 potential D-1 players).

Lets Go Russell :fire:

 

Lets keep it in the Mountains!!

I love how easily each other's fans are offended by comments such as "we're clicking on all cylinders" or "we have the total package" -- as if the other team does not.

 

At this point in the season, it's clearly safe to say that BOTH teams are clicking on all cylinders, BOTH teams have the total package to win the state title, BOTH teams are well coached, BOTH teams have a loyal and vocal fan base, and BOTH teams are hungry to win the title. If you have players on your team that aren't hungry to win a state title, check their pulse and send them home Saturday morning.

 

How anyone can say one team has more than the other in any of the above categories is beyond me. Anyone who claims such is wrong. I'd much rather read about the X's and O's of this game from the knowledgable posters and see the rah-rah guys checked at the door.

I love how easily each other's fans are offended by comments such as "we're clicking on all cylinders" or "we have the total package" -- as if the other team does not.

 

At this point in the season, it's clearly safe to say that BOTH teams are clicking on all cylinders, BOTH teams have the total package to win the state title, BOTH teams are well coached, BOTH teams have a loyal and vocal fan base, and BOTH teams are hungry to win the title. If you have players on your team that aren't hungry to win a state title, check their pulse and send them home Saturday morning.

 

How anyone can say one team has more than the other in any of the above categories is beyond me. Anyone who claims such is wrong. I'd much rather read about the X's and O's of this game from the knowledgable posters and see the rah-rah guys checked at the door.

 

Great post!!! :thumb: :thumb:

I have no idea how this game is going to turn out. OCath runs the same type of offense from Tony Franklin that a local team that is five minutes from Russell runs.(Raceland Rams) they have been very successful running this offense in Class A. They also have an excellent QB and WR that happen to be very good friends of some of the Russell players. I know that they are very good at managing down and distance,and they control ball. They can strike big plays at anytime. This is much how I view OCath to be. Russell likes to run, run,and run some more. It is important for them to control the ball with long methodical drives that last up to 7-8 minutes and punch it in for TD's. I going out on a big limb and say the team that controls time of possesion wins. This is just a hunch though because I'm just a fan of football. I'm going to watch a great game between the Champs of the East Russell and the Champs of the West OCath. BTW GO DEVILS!!!!!!! :fire:

How well has the new QB played that replaced the kid who signed with Marshall? Has there been any drop off at all?

It is my understanding that Michael Horn injured his arm in the Russell win. Can anyone from Russell give me an update on that. If he can not go Saturday, how does that affect Russell? Also I see Clark, the fine back for Russell also plays quiet a bit of defense, how many others from Russell play both sides of the ball? Good Luck to both teams. I think it will be a great game between two deserving teams. The fans are in for quite a game, I am sure. I will have to pull for the Aces, as we have broadcasted them off and on all season, including the Ft. Campbell and DeSales game and they have looked good. It is apparent that Russell is one tough team after the way they took care of business against a 2 time champ. I do know that Russell will present quite a challenge for the Aces with that running game, but unlike the Belfry game last year, Russell can mix it up with some passes that will keep the Aces defense honest and that Russell has a pretty good solid defense themselves. Good luck to both teams and all fans traveling to Louisville, be safe.

Horn is probably out. It will be interesting to see if Clark is rotated over to corner this week.

How well has the new QB played that replaced the kid who signed with Marshall? Has there been any drop off at all?

He does not have the same "touch" as Zach, but he brings a good pass and more then that he can leave the pocket and run well with the ball, something OC lacked with Zach. It has seved them well, with David getting several 1st downs on long runs in the playoffs.

Horn is probably out. It will be interesting to see if Clark is rotated over to corner this week.

Does that put more pressure on Clark as the RB as Horn looked like a good RB back gone for the big game?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.