Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion

Who wins the 2A State Title? 200 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the 2A State Title?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Not too many people had this finals matchup in the preseason. Who wins this one and why?

  • Replies 336
  • Views 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russell wins their semifinal by a score of 20-14, and Owensboro Catholic has a solid lead with under 4 minutes to go.

 

Let's hear it. Who you taking in the big showdown at the Pizza Box?

 

Frances

I'm taking the Devils, in an Ivan McGlone special:

Russell 32

Owensboro Catholic 14

 

Devils defense is far better than anyone thinks, and the offense is clicking on all cylinders.

 

What's not to like?

 

Frances

I'm taking the Devils, in an Ivan McGlone special:

Russell 32

Owensboro Catholic 14

 

Devils defense is far better than anyone thinks, and the offense is clicking on all cylinders.

 

Frances

:thumb:

Don't know which one will will, but I hope Russell does. McGlone is a great coach...enough said.

OCath is rolling right now, too. I like their chances better than Russell's.

 

OCath 28

Russell 8

Im taking Russell. This is there year.

RUSSELL 35

OWENSBORO 20

Now bring home that TROPHY!!!!!!!!! :dancingpa

OCath is rolling right now, too. ...

 

Well, at this point, the eight teams that are left in the finals are all "rolling". We have to have something more solid than "we're rolling".

 

booneriii - I have to say that I was impressed by the margin of victory over Desales. I thought that would be a very close game tonight, but it doesn't look like it was even as close as the final score. Is that true, or did the Colts play you guys tough?

 

Frances

Having seen both teams play i have to give the edge to O Cath. Their speed and athleticism is tremendous. They have playmakers all over the field and i don't think Russell has the amount of athletes to hang with them. Their hurry up offense will wear down Russell like it did Fort Cambell and they should win pretty handily.

O Cath-31

Russell-7

Having seen both teams play i have to give the edge to O Cath. Their speed and athleticism is tremendous. They have playmakers all over the field and i don't think Russell has the amount of athletes to hang with them. Their hurry up offense will wear down Russell like it did Fort Cambell and they should win pretty handily.

O Cath-31

Russell-7

If you've seen both teams play, I'd say you are in rare company, TCat25. How long ago did you see both teams play last? And what offense and defense does OCath line up in?

 

Frances

Russell also has had trouble with the pass most of the year, O Caths wide recievers are excellent. And they have a great Quarterback in Woodward who and get them the ball. He loves to throw it up and let his athletic wide receivers go get it or outrun the defense and get under it. Just too much for Russell.

Well, at this point, the eight teams that are left in the finals are all "rolling". We have to have something more solid than "we're rolling".

 

booneriii - I have to say that I was impressed by the margin of victory over Desales. I thought that would be a very close game tonight, but it doesn't look like it was even as close as the final score. Is that true, or did the Colts play you guys tough?

 

Frances

 

I have family that attends OCath, but that's about it. I'm not associated with the Aces program at all.

 

That being said, the "rolling" comment was meant to echo your statement about Russell "clicking on all cylinders". I have listened to OCath's last 2 games, and they have been playing very crisp. Even with the 6 turnovers against Fort Campbell, the Aces were still able to win the game.

 

Desales got a little sloppy in the second half. They blew 2 golden opportunties inside OC's 5. The blown chance in the 3rd quarter really made the difference; it wound up being a 14 point swing.

 

I get the feeling that sometime OCath's chances have to run out. But the deeper they've went into the playoffs, the more I have been convinced that they have the complete package to finally win the big game.

I just got in from watching O Cath beat DeSales and I saw Russell two or three times this season. O Cath has a hurry up spread offense, they hired tony Franklin to work with. They do not huddle and usually have the ball snapped with 18-15 secs left on play clock, just wears opposing defenses down. Their running back #2, I think is name is Houston is quick and runs hard. They also have a safety with i think 15 interceptions on the year, Winklepleck?

Russell should be able to move the ball on them some. They better score every time they get in the red zone because they will need every point. Owensboro Catholic is very good offensively and is even more impressive defensively. They win their 13th straight game.

 

 

Catholic----28

Russell-----14

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.