Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion

Who wins the 2A State Title? 200 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the 2A State Title?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I look for Russell to be able to run the ball at will on O'Cath, pretty much like the Belfry Pirates did last year. Coach McGlone wins his 2nd State Championship.

 

 

Russell 35

 

O' Cath 24

 

 

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

  • Replies 336
  • Views 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got in from watching O Cath beat DeSales and I saw Russell two or three times this season. O Cath has a hurry up spread offense, they hired tony Franklin to work with. They do not huddle and usually have the ball snapped with 18-15 secs left on play clock, just wears opposing defenses down. Their running back #2, I think is name is Houston is quick and runs hard. They also have a safety with i think 15 interceptions on the year, Winklepleck?

 

I'll call your Winklepleck, and raise you one Crazy Ivan...

 

Seriously though - listening to you and booneriii describe the Owensboro Catholic offense, this might just be one great final game!!

 

Man, am I glad I live 20 minutes from Papa John's!!!

 

:dancingpa

 

Frances

I just got in from watching O Cath beat DeSales and I saw Russell two or three times this season. O Cath has a hurry up spread offense, they hired tony Franklin to work with. They do not huddle and usually have the ball snapped with 18-15 secs left on play clock, just wears opposing defenses down. Their running back #2, I think is name is Houston is quick and runs hard. They also have a safety with i think 15 interceptions on the year, Winklepleck?

 

#2 is Houston Kamuf. He is the name I heard over and over again on the radio broadcast. I think he had over 200 yards on the ground tonight.

 

Winklepeck is the kid's name with the 15 INT's.

Not to whine about bad calls but even the Belfry announcers on their radio station were questioning calls. The score reflects a Russell win but not the way they won. You should look at another 14 points to be added to the score for the Devils. Yea I know that you are not suppose to gripe about the calls but the calls were absolutely atrotious. I am happy that we won but dont be surprised if Russell wins the state. They play tough ball.

Russell also has had trouble with the pass most of the year, O Caths wide recievers are excellent. And they have a great Quarterback in Woodward who and get them the ball. He loves to throw it up and let his athletic wide receivers go get it or outrun the defense and get under it. Just too much for Russell.

 

 

IMO Russell has defended the pass very well. They have given up some yards, but they didn't give up a lot of scores. They have gone up against some passing teams late in the season, but have faired very well.

Brown was not in the end zone before he fumbled. I was five feet from the play. The kid from Belfry made a tremendous play.

I hope Russell wins but I think the Aces will be too much for the Devils.

 

O'boro Catholic 38

Russell 20

Hey Mr. Moderator, have you seen Catholic play? The east can not run on Catholic, they tried the old wing-t tonight, its out dated and I would venture to say that Zinser is a much better back than any at Russell , you guys in the east just don't get it. The west is King this year Mayfield,Bowling Green and of course the Aces....

 

O.C. 35

Russell 6

This is the year of the ACES and thats the bottom line.....

I believe the EAST has been dominating AA for a while now. We will see come next Saturday.

Wing T has done quite well at Russell for Coach McGlone: 251 wins worth.

Plus they have had added a passing game and a dash of the Power I to boot.

Hey Mr. Moderator, have you seen Catholic play? The east can not run on Catholic, they tried the old wing-t tonight, its out dated and I would venture to say that Zinser is a much better back than any at Russell , you guys in the east just don't get it. The west is King this year Mayfield,Bowling Green and of course the Aces....

 

O.C. 35

Russell 6

 

Oh boy, here we go........ :rolleyes: :lol:

Hey Mr. Moderator, have you seen Catholic play? The east can not run on Catholic, they tried the old wing-t tonight, its out dated and I would venture to say that Zinser is a much better back than any at Russell , you guys in the east just don't get it. The west is King this year Mayfield,Bowling Green and of course the Aces....

 

O.C. 35

Russell 6

 

I'll be sure and pass the message on to Coach McGlone. He may decide to just stay home after reading your message. No since practicing all week in the cold. I'm sure he'll send you a note of thanks for preventing him from wasting his time this week. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hey Mr. Moderator, have you seen Catholic play? The east can not run on Catholic, they tried the old wing-t tonight, its out dated and I would venture to say that Zinser is a much better back than any at Russell , you guys in the east just don't get it. The west is King this year Mayfield,Bowling Green and of course the Aces....

 

O.C. 35

Russell 6

 

You may end up being correct in your predicting that the Aces will win it, but judging from your post, I'm guessing that you haven't seen Russell play, either.

 

If you think the Wing-T is outdated, you might want to send out an email to about three or four hundred high school coaches, and some colleges as well - because it's pretty obvious that there are quite a few that still believe in it...

 

Frances

There is no way Russell has seen an offense close to what the Aces have this year.

Hey Francis, the east controls this board, you know it and i know it however, I am pretty sure this will be the year of the PRIVATES in 2-A.....

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.