Russell 20 Belfry 14

Argus

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody fill me in - what injury did Horn sustain, and what is his status?

Frances

He was defending a long pass to number 30. Came down on his arm, then number 30 came down on him as well. According to players and the team trainer, they are pretty sure its broke. Gettin X-rays now.

At the Hospital getting X-rayed as we speak. They think it may be a broken arm between elbow and shoulder. (According to the team trainer)

Dang! I'll take the cheap pun, and say that it isn't very humerus...

In all seriousness, I have to agree with LRCW - what a tough break. Every kid that straps a helmet on want's to play on the carpet - and to miss it like this...

Woof.

I hope he comes out fine.

Frances

Pirate Pal...... Who is number 30 and why is he not hyped more. He is the stud on this team. Great defensive end and obviously the team leader. I was truely impressed with him.

Aaron Chapman is #30. This was his senior year. He is great kid, as well as an athlete.

I hope that the Russell kid, #16 I believe, is alright. I read that they think his arm is broken. I hate to hear that.

Russell gets revenge on the Pirates at home this year.

Russell 34

Belfry 28

For the 2nd week in a row I correctly pick the amount of points that Russell wins by. I will make it three in a row next weekend. For my expert prediction be sure and check out the Russell-O'Cath prediction thread.

Great game Devils! Should have been up by two more TD's at the half. Belfry didn't quit though. Couldn't believe the call on the 1 yd line. (You have to pound those points on the board between the tackles.) Refs seemed to be a bit hankie happy and most went against us. Loved how our team took the field back from the Belfry cheerleaders before the start of the game. Remember, it's our house! Here's a suggestion for Haywood; have your team take a knee when a player is injured. It's the classy thing to do. Can't wait to get to the 'Ville for the big one. Go Devils!!!

Loved how our team took the field back from the Belfry cheerleaders before the start of the game. Remember, it's our house!

I have a daughter who is a Belfry cheerleader. They meant no disrespect to the Russell team when they lined up the tunnel. It just happens that both teams come out from the same side of the field. As far as what was said to the group of cheerleaders by the Russell boys, I can't repeat it on here for the word filters nor would I for that matter, but it wasn't very gentlemenly or classy at all. One of the Russell coaches stepped in and asked them nicely to move the tunnel over which is when it was moved.

Aaron Chapman is #30. This was his senior year. He is great kid, as well as an athlete.

I hope that the Russell kid, #16 I believe, is alright. I read that they think his arm is broken. I hate to hear that.

Aaron Chapman is a great football player. He was by far the most impressive player for the Pirates. With his size and quickness he can play at the next level.

I have a daughter who is a Belfry cheerleader. They meant no disrespect to the Russell team when they lined up the tunnel. It just happens that both teams come out from the same side of the field. As far as what was said to the group of cheerleaders by the Russell boys, I can't repeat it on here for the word filters nor would I for that matter, but it wasn't very gentlemenly or classy at all. One of the Russell coaches stepped in and asked them nicely to move the tunnel over which is when it was moved.

This is 100% correct. The Belfy cheerleaders did absolutely nothing wrong, it was just a case of both teams coming out at the same end of the field. Coach McGlone politely told the cheerleaders that the Belfy players would be coming down the steps on the far side, and the Belfry cheerleaders obliged and moved. It was no big deal.