Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 20 Belfry 14

Featured Replies

Congratulations and great game. Keep it going. :dancingpa

  • Replies 169
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think about this ...

If Belfry played ball all game like they did in second half this would have been Belfry's game by 2

Quick thought if Russell played the whole game like they played the first half they'd beaten Belfry by 40, 40, 40!!! Pirates2005, your team showed the heart of a champion but give the DEVILS their due!! They were the best team last night and they made the plays to show that they were. :fire:

Just think about this ...

If Belfry played ball all game like they did in second half this would have been Belfry's game by 2

If If and buts were candy and nut what a merry christmas it would be.....

 

Belfry got most of the breaks in this game and were lucky to be close.

It was said before the game by some of the Belfry posters that they had never heard anything about Kasey Clark. I'll bet they know who he is now.

It was said before the game by some of the Belfry posters that they had never heard anything about Kasey Clark. I'll bet they know who he is now.

:thumb: #24 :devil:

You have to give the Red Devils their due because they won! Congratulations!

 

BUT, this game could have gone either way, as both teams didn't play to their best potential the entire game! I would say that if they played 10 times, 5 at Russell and 5 at Belfry, they would each win approximately 5 of the games. But Friday was Russell's night and they deserve it.

 

The Red Devils season has been good (Boyd County let down excepted). They have done what they have had to do, including goiing to Northern KY last week and winning!! Then they got the job done last night by doing what they had to do!!

 

Congratulations Red Devils!! Good luck!! You guys are the only remaining Eastern Kentucky team.

Big Congrats to Russell! Keep the ball rolling and win state. Morgan County has great respect for Russell, the players and the coaches. I'm sure we will meet again next year. Again, congrats and keep on rolling!

 

:ylsuper: :fight: :thumb: :dancingpa :banana:

It was said before the game by some of the Belfry posters that they had never heard anything about Kasey Clark. I'll bet they know who he is now.

 

 

oh that's great...

Just talk about us

I do still believe that if belfry played belfry ball they would have one it.. I have no idea what they were doing in the first half... and yes I can't get over that they lost .... but I'm here to say that them boys wanted it...

They acted like the ball had oil all over it...

Congradulations Russell on a big win over Belfrey, looks like the 22 home game winning streak carries on to nex't year. Great season and good luck at PJS!!!!

I do still believe that if belfry played belfry ball they would have one it.. I have no idea what they were doing in the first half... and yes I can't get over that they lost .... but I'm here to say that them boys wanted it...

They acted like the ball had oil all over it...

 

 

This was a big game and not every one has what it take to play and win big games thats the answer for the first half of play and why the game came out with Russell on top they have what it takes. ;)

This was a big game and not every one has what it take to play and win big games thats the answer for the first half of play and why the game came out with Russell on top they have what it takes. ;)

 

I do believe Belfry has what it takes to play in big games. Two close state

championship games (one in OT) that Belfry won (Which are the biggest games

of all). You guys go down there an win the title, and then you can say you

won big games.

 

The reason for the outcome is because it's obvious Russell wanted this game

more. Seemed to me, Belfry was satisfied with two state championships,

didn't really show any hunger for anymore pizza. Heck, the only time they

showed a little life was in the second half. I do have to give credit to

Belfry's Defensive unit, they stepped up big in the second half. Belfry

has got to understand, you have to play your best ALL 4 quarters. Because

when you have Belfry across your chest, its like having a big bullseye on you.

Every teams going to play thier best against you. And Russell came with it,

and came out with more hunger, and more intensity, and simply outplayed the

pirates tonight. Prepare for next season, learn from your mistakes, GET THAT HUNGER BACK.. and to Russell, Congratulations, Take care of business in L'Ville. G'luck

I feel as if a lot of fans from both sides are way off on this thread! This was a great game that we as fans were very lucky to witness. Both teams, fans and coaches know this game could have went any way! This was nothing but a great game! Russell has a great team and made the play when needed to close it out! The int from Belfry was due to the fact the pass was a little late and gave the defender a chacne to close on the ball! I agree that Belfry was very lucky not to be down 35-0 at the half! 35 not 34 because the Russell two point try failed. I do think that was a very poor call on the Russell staff that could have changed their entire season! I also think that Belfry had a chance to score two more TD's in the second half but failed to do so! I think Haywood went to the pass alittle to much at the end with 2 time outs! I am only a fan not a coach and those are decisions for others to make! I wasn't down when I left that game! It was a great game with two teams leaving it all on the field! That was all as fans that we asked for all week, and we got it! I cannot let this game get me as a fan due to the fact that Belfry has made me very proud and happy to be a Belfry Pirate the last three years! Russell is the only 2A team to beat Belfry in three years! That says a lot about Belfry and Russell! Good lucky Russell next week you have EARNED the respect and right to fight for Eastern KY next week for the 2A title! I support you 100% and want to see this title back in Eastern KY!

 

You have great fans, players, and coaches at Russell! Show this to all of Kentucky next week!

 

GO RUSSELL! :devil: :fight: :devil:

Good game to both teams...just not Belfry's night. They weren't playing like theirselves. Bring back a state title Saturday Russell. Good Luck!!

First I would like to say congrats to Russell!!

Go to Louisville next week and bring that championship back to eastern KY, don't let it go boys, you are very capable of doing it, don't let the atmosphere at Papa John's get to you, remember it is just another game and I know you can bring it home!!

To my beloved PIRATES, do not, I repeat do not, hang your heads, this team has given us a wonderful ride all year long and remember you made it to the top 4 in the state, that is nothing to be ashamed of. To all you great seniors, we love all you boys and will miss you greatly next year. Boomer if you are reading this, know that we will miss you and our boy will play for you next year! Pirates we love you and will always be proud of you, you gave it your all and no one can ask more of you than that, it was another exciting season and I enjoyed the whole ride. :fight:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.