Russell 20 Belfry 14

Argus

The play had been there all night, and had gone for good gains. Belfry was down to one timeout, and Maynard had been stuffed on the previous play. It was a good call on Haywood's part, and a great play by Kasey Clark for the interception.

Absolutely it was a good call by Haywood and just another big play by Clark.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely it was a good call by Haywood and just another big play by Clark.

Clark looked like he had a good off-season, saw him on WYMT and he looked bigger than last year. He has really matured into a great RB.

Do you think he will be one of the top RBs in the state next year?

I watched the game at Belfry last year and he really looked great on the defensive side of the ball as a DB. Is he a more natural DB or RB?

Clark looked like he had a good off-season, saw him on WYMT and he looked bigger than last year. He has really matured into a great RB.

Do you think he will be one of the top RBs in the state next year?

I watched the game at Belfry last year and he really looked great on the defensive side of the ball as a DB. Is he a more natural DB or RB?

I would say he has gained about 20lbs from his sophmore season.

I do think he will be one of the top RBs in the state next year if not already one.

He is just a playmaker. He is a strong runner and an excellent reciever. On defense he just makes plays. Good instincts.

Update on Micheal Horn (#16)

Dislocated left shoulder and torn ligaments in his elbow. Nothing broke, but still obviously unable to go in the State Championship Game.

That is a tough break. Horn is a good little player. Small but tough, and an excellent cover cornor.

First congrats to Rusell on the win you guys deserved it tonight but I wouldnt say you guys were 2 or 3 Tds better than our team we just about quit before halftime. We got down when we fumbled the kick.

But Belfry showed what they were made of and dominated the second half especialy the 3rd quarter. I know mistakes hurt Rusell but they did Belfry also. Belfry jumped offsides on one touchdwon run and had an interception. They also made some costly mistakes up close whent hey were about to score. So lets not forget that is 2 Td that was costed by Belfry mistakes. But no team is perfect. These two teams are pretty eveanly matched.

Another huge factor that not alot of people knew about was Matt Maynard played with a pulled groin. You have to give it up to him showed alot of heart and never give up. This Belfry team will be back next year and its at our place next year.

Good luck to Rusell in Louisville hope you guys pull it out.

To My Pirates,

You all have showed us that you can do it with out Doug & David and we are very proud of you all.

The Seniors...

I know this was a tough night for you all and I would like to say that you guys have gave us a great year .... We are going to miss you all next year!!..

WE LOVE YOU

Congrates goes out to Russell...

Congratulations is in order for eveyone. It was nice to see Clark's INT to seal the deal. He has made huge plays all year! It was one of the only good breaks Russell got all night. Belfry had several fumbles that resulted in big losses, if the Devils pounce on one of those the MO in the 2nd half could have easily gone back the other way. Clark caused a fumble for a 6 yard loss right before the big pass play that set up Belfry's second score. My household is still fired up about a trip to the CARPET!!!! Russell D SUPER JOB!! A Belfry fan told me that they had not been shut-out in any half this season. Anyway great win enjoy it tonight and start thinking of O-Catholic. Remember you still have 1 more WIN!!!!! We know you CAN!!! GO GET YOUR RINGS THAT Y'ALL DESERVE!!!!!!!! :devil: :fire: :ylsuper:

Update on Micheal Horn (#16)

Dislocated left shoulder and torn ligaments in his elbow. Nothing broke, but still obviously unable to go in the State Championship Game.

I can't really comment on the injury due to confidentiality, but I will say according to hospital personnel and my own observations, the injury was confined to the elbow. He will see the doctor Tuesday following an MRI for further results.

Congratulations is in order for eveyone. It was nice to see Clark's INT to seal the deal. He has made huge plays all year! It was one of the only good breaks Russell got all night. Belfry had several fumbles that resulted in big losses, if the Devils pounce on one of those the MO in the 2nd half could have easily gone back the other way. Clark caused a fumble for a 6 yard loss right before the big pass play that set up Belfry's second score. My household is still fired up about a trip to the CARPET!!!! Russell D SUPER JOB!! A Belfry fan told me that they had not been shut-out in any half this season. Anyway great win enjoy it tonight and start thinking of O-Catholic. Remember you still have 1 more WIN!!!!! We know you CAN!!! GO GET YOUR RINGS THAT Y'ALL DESERVE!!!!!!!! :devil: :fire: :ylsuper:

Stat of the night...Belfry had 8 fumbles but only lost 1. Talk about getting some good bounces...

:ylsuper: