Russell 20 Belfry 14

Argus

I was at this game and I had two problems. One is the call by Russell on the 1 yard line and the decision to go for the two point conversion. They shouldn't have done a roll out pass, they should have pounded it in for the TD. Another is the penalties. They had about 65 yards worth of penalties and that could have ended up killing them. Another thing that could have killed Russell was the fumble by Brown on the 1 yard line after a huge run.

If you think about it, it could have been 35 - 0 at the half instead of 20 - 0, and the game would have been pretty much out of reach for Belfry. Congrats to Russell on the win and lets hope they can finish it up at Papa John's Stadium!!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Devils let two GREAT opportunities go in the first half. The second half was all Belfry. An excellent scheme by Coach Morris to roll Casey Clark over to cover #30 which resulted in the game winning INT.

Conrats to the Coach McGlone and his staff.

One more for another state title!!!!!

Frances, We are on our way!!! Anyway great job by the Devils in the first half and The Pirates showed the character of a CHAMPION in the second. Belfry you have a classy program and super classy fans. Many of you came up to me after the game and said to go to Da'Ville and bring back the hardware!! Your team is to be commended on the effort and a great representation of your community. Congratulations on a Wonderful Season. Come on Devils just one more to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fire: :banana: :dancingpa

Any game stats?

Stats on individual players from each team.

I know Kasey Clark came up with big plays the whole game. The punch out of the ball as Brown almost scored probably saved Belfry's chances to win the game. Was that Maynard?

This team has made the big plays when needed all year long.

BTW vI was surpised how dominating the Devils were in the first half.

Also how badly injured is Michael Horn? Nick Lewis did a nice job filling in at that corner spot.

Congratulations to the Russell Red Devils. What a great ballgame this was. It was a battle of two halves. Russell flat out dominated the first half, and could have very easily been up 34-0 at halftime if it hadn't been for two big defensive plays by Belfry. Belfy seemed to gain the momentum after Michael Horn went out with an injury. Russell's defense came up big though we they needed too. A great coaching move to move Casey Clark out to cover #30 from Belfry. It paid off with the big interception to seal the victory for Russell. I am very happy for the Red Devils, and like I told Coach McGlone after the game I am thrilled to death for him. Here's hoping that the Red Devils bring home the hardware next weekend. My prayers go out to Mike Horn. I know he has to be thrilled that Russell is in the Championship, but has to be crushed that he won't be able to play in the game that he has worked all of his life to play in.

First off, I would like to congratulate the Russell team on a well played game. Go to Louisville and win it all!!!!

Second, to the Belfry Pirates...you have made all Belfry fans proud to be Pirates. You never gave up and took us all the way to the semi-finals when this was supposed to be a down year. You are an awesome group of kids who represented the community with class every where you go. We love each and every one of you. Thanks for another great ride.

Third, tonight was 2 ballgames in one. The first half was all Russell, the second all Belfry. It just was a little too late for my Pirates.

Good Luck Russell.