Russell 20 Belfry 14

Argus

I get it just fine. 11 passes is a bunch in a run based offense such as Belfry. The only way OC will run 80 plays against Russell is if they keep our offense off the field. We love to grind it out and eat up the clock.

As far as covering the pass. I think that our boys will be fine on potentially 40 pass plays because I can't see OC getting that many off.

But I guess we'll find out Saturday. Should be one heck of a game pitting the RUN against the PASS. :thumb:

It was quite a game last year with the RUN against the PASS. Unless Ocath has a different line that can stop the run, Russell should do fine.

But, don't be surprised if Ocath does get close to 40 passess off. That is their style. They pass quickly..very quickly. They can move the ball down the field in no time. At least they did last year. Different year, different team, same style of football.

Good Luck Devils..bring it home to the east!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was quite a game last year with the RUN against the PASS. Unless Ocath has a different line that can stop the run, Russell should do fine.

But, don't be surprised if Ocath does get close to 40 passess off. That is their style. They pass quickly..very quickly. They can move the ball down the field in no time. At least they did last year. Different year, different team, same style of football.

Good Luck Devils..bring it home to the east!

Thanks Pirate Pal... That is what I have tried to convey to people. In a hurry up offense with a lot of passes the team has a chance all the time. OC had a young, small defense last year. My whole point was that even with Belfry's domination of clock and ground attack they still had to hold off OC offence the entire game.

This year OC is much bigger and better on the line defensively and I suspect it will be the difference. OC is a better more well rounded team this year.

Thanks Pirate Pal... That is what I have tried to convey to people. In a hurry up offense with a lot of passes the team has a chance all the time. OC had a young, small defense last year. My whole point was that even with Belfry's domination of clock and ground attack they still had to hold off OC offence the entire game.

This year OC is much bigger and better on the line defensively and I suspect it will be the difference. OC is a better more well rounded team this year.

You're right. Belfry did have to hold off the passing attack during the entire game. We hadn't played that many passing teams at all during the season and in the end, the Pirates did just what they had to do...thanks to Chris Varney's interception.

However, Russell's run style is very different than Belfry's. Ocath will have a long night if they can't stop the run this year and can't get their offense on the field.

It will be a very good game I believe. I just wish that I could be there to see it for myself.

Congrats to Russell and good luck next week...I hope you guys win state.

Congrats to Belfry on a great season. The Pirates were much better then I thought they would be this season. They will once again be the class of AA Region 4 next year IMO and will be a serious threat to win another state title next season.

Looks like Russell is back into winning form and I too hope they can win it all to represent our side of the state. :ylsuper:

Belfry has nothing to hold their heads down for. Hundreds of 2A schools would relish the thoughts of winning one (1) State title, let alone two.