Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK vs. UC

Featured Replies

At Rupp, KY wins.

At 5/3 UC wins.

Neutral floor- UK wants no part of UC, especially now.

Two teams where neither coach nor their fans have any clue if they will win against anyone on a given night. UK at Rupp looks like a safe play but outside of that, who knows?

Sounds about the way I'm thinking; I would say each would win at home. On a neutral court, I give UC a little more of an advantage.

Kind of a silly thread, but I'll play as well.

 

UK would be extremely tough to beat at home, but I think UC would win both at home and on a neutral floor.

 

Why?

 

UC is MUCH deeper, play better defense, and are more physical at every position.

 

Jones would have his hands full down low with Gates.

Thomas v Harrelson would be a toss up.

Bishop v Miller would be a good one. I don't think Darius would do well against Bishop physical defense though.

Dixon v Lamb is a toss up.

Cash v Knight would be a good one but I could see Cash being too quick for Knight.

 

In the end, Cincinnati's depth would win out against Kentucky's talent.

Congrats to Mick Cronin on his success this year. We used to have this debate a lot 5+ years ago but not in the last 5 years or so.

UC could beat UK at Rupp!

UC could beat UK at Rupp!

 

We finally agree. UK is a joke and will be until Cal is gone. He is a great coach but he has no clue how to build a program. One and done players will never get it done unless you literally have nothing but the top players in the nation. Till I see that from UK or Cal being gone UK will continue to struggle.

 

Back to the thread though. At the start of the season I'd take UK no matter where the game is by ten plus. Now, UK would get beat at 5/3 or Rupp. UK isn't the same team they were at the start of the season and UC is getting bettter each game and each season.

Jones would have his hands full down low with Gates.

Thomas v Harrelson would be a toss up.

Bishop v Miller would be a good one. I don't think Darius would do well against Bishop physical defense though.

Dixon v Lamb is a toss up.

Cash v Knight would be a good one but I could see Cash being too quick for Knight.

 

Bishop on Miller seems logical, but Rashad guards the opponents best scorer as long as it isn't a 5. He'd be on Lamb or Jones IMO...

Bishop on Miller seems logical, but Rashad guards the opponents best scorer as long as it isn't a 5. He'd be on Lamb or Jones IMO...

 

Very legit point that I didn't even think about.

 

Would you really want Gates on defense against Miller though? Offensively, I'll take Gates all day every day, but that could be a tough match up for Yancy out on the perimeter. Unless UC sits back in the extended 2-3 zone.

  • Author
UC could beat UK at Rupp!

 

Either team COULD beat the other one...

We finally agree. UK is a joke and will be until Cal is gone. He is a great coach but he has no clue how to build a program. One and done players will never get it done unless you literally have nothing but the top players in the nation. Till I see that from UK or Cal being gone UK will continue to struggle.

 

Back to the thread though. At the start of the season I'd take UK no matter where the game is by ten plus. Now, UK would get beat at 5/3 or Rupp. UK isn't the same team they were at the start of the season and UC is getting bettter each game and each season.

 

UK is a joke? Replacing 5 first rounders is tough for any program. I don't see why us UK fans expected much this year. Cats worse at every position this season compared to last year IMO, and that includes Miller who started in the same position last year.

Very legit point that I didn't even think about.

 

Would you really want Gates on defense against Miller though? Offensively, I'll take Gates all day every day, but that could be a tough match up for Yancy out on the perimeter. Unless UC sits back in the extended 2-3 zone.

 

Gates on Harrelson and Jackson on Miller...

  • Author
I think UK wins on all 3.

 

I love UK but...

 

How....possibly? They can't even beat average teams from the SEC on the road; UC is playing better "D" than anyone in the country and their "O" is becoming more confident and consistent.

We finally agree. UK is a joke and will be until Cal is gone. He is a great coach but he has no clue how to build a program. One and done players will never get it done unless you literally have nothing but the top players in the nation. Till I see that from UK or Cal being gone UK will continue to struggle.

 

Back to the thread though. At the start of the season I'd take UK no matter where the game is by ten plus. Now, UK would get beat at 5/3 or Rupp. UK isn't the same team they were at the start of the season and UC is getting bettter each game and each season.

 

I agree with you I hated Cal when he was at U Mass and I don't care for him now. Travis Ford should be UK's Coach!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.