UK vs. UC

Wildcat

Gates on Harrelson and Jackson on Miller...

If UC were matching up man to man, I'd enjoy watching Gates on Jones, Bishop on Knight. I'd probably put Cash on Lamb.

It is tempting to let Gates guard Harrellson so that he can block shots from the weakside. The key to guarding Kentucky is to sag off Harrellson. He doesn't look to shoot around the perimter (although he's capable of knocking down the shot) and Jones doesn't pass out of double teams in the post (except in the Louisville game). The other crucial aspect is to rotate defensively so that somebody gets a body on Harrellson when Jones forces a shot up.

If UC were matching up man to man, I'd enjoy watching Gates on Jones, Bishop on Knight. I'd probably put Cash on Lamb.

It is tempting to let Gates guard Harrellson so that he can block shots from the weakside. The key to guarding Kentucky is to sag off Harrellson. He doesn't look to shoot around the perimter (although he's capable of knocking down the shot) and Jones doesn't pass out of double teams in the post (except in the Louisville game). The other crucial aspect is to rotate defensively so that somebody gets a body on Harrellson when Jones forces a shot up.

Agreed. You did make a great argument for UC winning in all three choices by pointing out they were really good at the things that give UK the most trouble... :thumb: :D

I would take UK in Rupp as well, but you did a pretty good job convincing me that UC could really frustrate them in any setting...

Bearcats play good D & Kentucky essentially runs an offense that is 4 on 5 until Jones gets it down low, then it's 1 on 3. Not a good combination...

And that was two months ago. UK has regressed since that game. This team is in the middle of the mid-conference "grind". I really just think some of the players on this team are bored right now.

I don't see how they could be bored. They should be tired of getting their behinds kicked on the road. I think the three freshmen are more about themselves and not the team. Jones has kind of shaped up some and not forced things like he was earlier in the year but Knight has gotten worse about passing the ball.

UK is a joke and will be until Cal is gone. He is a great coach but he has no clue how to build a program. One and done players will never get it done unless you literally have nothing but the top players in the nation. Till I see that from UK or Cal being gone UK will continue to struggle.

:confused: You have went about 3 or 4 differemt directions with one 4 sentence post. :lol:.

Depending on which voice in your head I am trying to comment on....... 1.) Just how is the man a joke? I don't agree with everything he does but looking at that record should I be a coach with that kind of record then you could laugh at me as much as you want, I'll take that kind of joke.

2.) He built UMass and had them in final fours. Memphis had sucsess before he got there so it wasn't a complete rebuilding job and he had them in rhe Finals/ Buildiing a program at U.K. ?? I don't consider the winningest program (over 2,000) in college basketball history with 7 national titlles, 43 SEC titles,23 SEC tournament titles in need of being rebuilt.

3,) if you have one and done players every year (5 last sason!) or most every year then there is a pretty fair chance of you having the best players in the country.

As I have saud before, I don't agree with all that Cal does but I certainly don't want him gone!

Should you really be serious and not just trying to get things started then I suggest that you set the keyboard down slowly, back away from the pc and get yourself calmed down. Get some rest and you may feel better tommorrow. :sssh:

Have a good day bcrebel....:thumb: :lol: