Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK vs. UC

Featured Replies

I agree with you I hated Cal when he was at U Mass and I don't care for him now. Travis Ford should be UK's Coach!

 

I'm sure OSU fans will pay for his flight back home if he doesn't start winning soon.

Gates on Harrelson and Jackson on Miller...

 

If UC were matching up man to man, I'd enjoy watching Gates on Jones, Bishop on Knight. I'd probably put Cash on Lamb.

 

It is tempting to let Gates guard Harrellson so that he can block shots from the weakside. The key to guarding Kentucky is to sag off Harrellson. He doesn't look to shoot around the perimter (although he's capable of knocking down the shot) and Jones doesn't pass out of double teams in the post (except in the Louisville game). The other crucial aspect is to rotate defensively so that somebody gets a body on Harrellson when Jones forces a shot up.

If UC were matching up man to man, I'd enjoy watching Gates on Jones, Bishop on Knight. I'd probably put Cash on Lamb.

 

It is tempting to let Gates guard Harrellson so that he can block shots from the weakside. The key to guarding Kentucky is to sag off Harrellson. He doesn't look to shoot around the perimter (although he's capable of knocking down the shot) and Jones doesn't pass out of double teams in the post (except in the Louisville game). The other crucial aspect is to rotate defensively so that somebody gets a body on Harrellson when Jones forces a shot up.

 

Agreed. You did make a great argument for UC winning in all three choices by pointing out they were really good at the things that give UK the most trouble... :thumb: :D

Agreed. You did make a great argument for UC winning in all three choices by pointing out they were really good at the things that give UK the most trouble... :thumb: :D

 

I'll take Kentucky at home, but it's difficult to say that they'd beat anyone away from Rupp.

I'll take Kentucky at home, but it's difficult to say that they'd beat anyone away from Rupp.

 

I would take UK in Rupp as well, but you did a pretty good job convincing me that UC could really frustrate them in any setting...

I would take UK in Rupp as well, but you did a pretty good job convincing me that UC could really frustrate them in any setting...

 

Bearcats play good D & Kentucky essentially runs an offense that is 4 on 5 until Jones gets it down low, then it's 1 on 3. Not a good combination...

I love UK but...

 

How....possibly? They can't even beat average teams from the SEC on the road; UC is playing better "D" than anyone in the country and their "O" is becoming more confident and consistent.

The beat Lville in the yum center by double digits.

The beat Lville in the yum center by double digits.

 

And that was two months ago. UK has regressed since that game. This team is in the middle of the mid-conference "grind". I really just think some of the players on this team are bored right now.

And that was two months ago. UK has regressed since that game. This team is in the middle of the mid-conference "grind". I really just think some of the players on this team are bored right now.

I don't see how they could be bored. They should be tired of getting their behinds kicked on the road. I think the three freshmen are more about themselves and not the team. Jones has kind of shaped up some and not forced things like he was earlier in the year but Knight has gotten worse about passing the ball.

UK is a joke and will be until Cal is gone. He is a great coach but he has no clue how to build a program. One and done players will never get it done unless you literally have nothing but the top players in the nation. Till I see that from UK or Cal being gone UK will continue to struggle.

.

 

:confused: You have went about 3 or 4 differemt directions with one 4 sentence post. :lol:.

Depending on which voice in your head I am trying to comment on....... 1.) Just how is the man a joke? I don't agree with everything he does but looking at that record should I be a coach with that kind of record then you could laugh at me as much as you want, I'll take that kind of joke.

2.) He built UMass and had them in final fours. Memphis had sucsess before he got there so it wasn't a complete rebuilding job and he had them in rhe Finals/ Buildiing a program at U.K. ?? I don't consider the winningest program (over 2,000) in college basketball history with 7 national titlles, 43 SEC titles,23 SEC tournament titles in need of being rebuilt.

3,) if you have one and done players every year (5 last sason!) or most every year then there is a pretty fair chance of you having the best players in the country.

As I have saud before, I don't agree with all that Cal does but I certainly don't want him gone!

 

Should you really be serious and not just trying to get things started then I suggest that you set the keyboard down slowly, back away from the pc and get yourself calmed down. Get some rest and you may feel better tommorrow. :sssh:

Have a good day bcrebel....:thumb: :lol:

The best thing about this thread is that everyone can claim they are right. There is no UK/UC game so no one can be proved wrong. :thumb:

The best thing about this thread is that everyone can claim they are right. There is no UK/UC game so no one can be proved wrong. :thumb:

 

Maybe Ncaa tourney. But i would like to see this game every year. They can switch off neutral sites at US Bank and Freedom Hall.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.