Georgetown 62 Louisville 59

swamprat

The magic meter was running just a little too low after all that's been used this month. In a three-point loss, there are going to be a few things to point to and say "that's what happened." In the end, Louisville just didn't have enough to pull it off this time.

On a sour note, Siva continues to be Jekyl & Hyde. On a bright note, Jennings continues to improve. Louisville didn't play badly, but there seemed to be a lot of defensive lapses in that last couple of minutes. I would love a game where one Cardinal player was "on" for the full 40. Haven't gotten it yet. Some critical games upcoming.

On a sour note, Siva continues to be Jekyl & Hyde. On a bright note, Jennings continues to improve. Louisville didn't play badly, but there seemed to be a lot of defensive lapses in that last couple of minutes. I would love a game where one Cardinal player was "on" for the full 40. Haven't gotten it yet. Some critical games upcoming.

Concerning Siva, I was going to comment that we did not see the real Peyton Siva vs. UCONN; nor did we see the real one last night vs. G'Town. The real Siva lies somewhere in between. Kid has talent, but has yet to live up to the expectations of him coming out of high school.

Why did they run the clock all the way down and then dunk it with less than 6 seconds left and why did they call their last TO after that dunk when the clock stopped any way and they were just going to foul?

Knowing what you know about the selection committee process, how can you say that?

A loss to a good team isn't going to hurt them on selection sunday, but isn't going to help them either. Characterizing something as a "good loss" leads one to believe that they came out of the game better than they went in. That simply is not the case. Worse? Nope, but definitely not better.

I agree with you about Siva.

A loss to a good team isn't going to hurt them on selection sunday, but isn't going to help them either. Characterizing something as a "good loss" leads one to believe that they came out of the game better than they went in. That simply is not the case. Worse? Nope, but definitely not better.

I say hogwash. Suppose you and I are both coaching in the same conference, and we both finish the season with identical conference records and overall records. We're on the bubble. However, four of my 11 losses came to ranked opponents on the road (2 of them in OT), by a grand total of nine points, whereas you're getting blown out against ranked teams, especially on the road.

You can believe there's no such thing as a "good loss," and keep doing so in the NIT while I'm thrilling a national audience at 4:30 on the opening Thursday with a late three-point lead over a 5 seed.