Bratkowski Fired!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Paul Alexander becomes offensive coordinator it will be a step backward. They need to bring in someone from the outside and let him have some say in his staff, primarily so he can get rid of Alexander as offensive line coach.

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! I can't believe you just uttered those words; if they hire Alexander, I may jump off a bridge!

According to Chris Mortensen:

mortreport Filed to ESPN: Bengals fire OC Bob Bratkowski

I was pumped when I got a text from someone telling me this. I still fimly believe that though the Bengals were going to keep Bratkowski, until they found out Palmer wanted to be traded. Most of the candidates that would have been good to get are now gone, so hopefully they can still find someone.

I was pumped when I got a text from someone telling me this. I still fimly believe that though the Bengals were going to keep Bratkowski, until they found out Palmer wanted to be traded. Most of the candidates that would have been good to get are now gone, so hopefully they can still find someone.

Couldn't possibly disagree more. They were waiting until after the Senior Bowl, as the entire staff had already agreed to coach it, and they weren't going to do so without an offensive cordinator.

Couldn't possibly disagree more. They were waiting until after the Senior Bowl, as the entire staff had already agreed to coach it, and they weren't going to do so without an offensive cordinator.

Zempese (sp.) could have called the plays for it if it came down to that. Then if they knew they were going to fire Brat, and kept him just because of the Senior Bowl, while other teams made moves to get guys who were available. Then they are even dumbere than I realized.

Not to mention why did the wait so long to start looking at people, if they knew they were getting rid of him? Why did Palmer wait a few weeks after the season before he decided to ask for a trade, unless he found out that no changes were being made. I don't think it is a coincidence that three days after Palmer tells Mike Brown that he wants to be traded, that they start looking at people for the OC job. From all indications they had not done anything at all when it came to looking around, until after Palmer asked for the trade. Then as soon as he asked, they suddenly started looking around. I don't think that was a coincidence.