Top Posters In This Topic

hja1224

* View Profile

* View Forum Posts

* Private Message

hja1224 is invisible

All Region

Aug 2008

Brat will be gone after the Senior Bowl. Childress will be hired. Palmer says all is good. Bengals go 8-8 with a weak schedule and fans hold out hope for the next year. After 20 years, nothing changes.

I got part one right. Lets see how part two goes.

Exactly... :rolleyes:

Seriously you need to let the Carson thing go.

No kidding. One person on here said they thought CP was still elite before last season. He admitted that he was wrong yet we still have to deal with this?

From everything I remember reading, the Childress meeting was known to be taking place multiple days before he was in town.

Either way, I'd say this move has very little, if anything to do with SoCal boy, and more to do with Marvin and the front office wanting to appease the workhorse of the offense, Ced.

On Monday Palmer ask for a trade. The very next day Marvin Lewis has an interview, and goes out of his way to talk Palmer up. Also talks about how he needs to do a better job at putting Palmer in the best situation to succeed, and not take away his thunder again. Then what do you know they finally start looking for an OC and talking to someone on that Thursday. Which your right it was reported he would be coming a few days before, which was on Tuesday. Which was still after Palmer asked for the trade. Palmer has been the main thing Lewis has talked about mostly this offseason, even before the trade request. Haven't even heard them talk about Benson much at all. So yes it is just an opinion, but I think just from actual facts. It is easier to believe that they are making these moves to appease their QB not Ced. I mean it has been well known Ced didn't want to play for Brat, however they made no attempt until after Palmer wanted traded to try to make a move. If it was about Ced, they probably would have been trying sooner.

Didn't I just read yesterday that Marvin has committed to a run-oriented offense like 2009? Isn't that going to limit the choices?

I haven't heard that. I have heard that Marvin is looking to establish an identity with the offense. This offense really has never had an identity, because they can never choose what they want to be. I do think this team will end up being a west coast type team. However obviously this all depends on who they hire.

Bengals.com is reporting that the Bengals should have a new OC hired by mid this week.

An announcement could be here by mid week.

Bratkowski, who has combined with father Zeke to coach in 45 consecutive NFL seasons, had no comment Monday night and preferred to wait a few days. After Childress didn't work out, it's believed that Lewis' net extended into the college game as well as the NFL in his search for a young mind that brings experience as well as energy in the effort revive Palmer and an offense that has declined the past four seasons. With the youngest offensive position coach 43-year-old quarterbacks coach Ken Zampese, its doubtful Lewis would go with an older guy but he's done a great job keeping his list quiet

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Search-for-Brat-replacement-nears-end/7061323d-da21-4d4c-b063-eadb5893b1dd