Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bratkowski Fired!

Featured Replies

If they knew they were doing this a month ago and only waited until after the Senior Bowl I hope they never have a winning record again.

 

Good chance that happens anyways :D

  • Replies 81
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best thing the Bengals have heard since the final horn for the season sounded! I'd find a way to go after Marty Mourningway but doubt it will happen.

Dont be surprised if they go with Ken Zampese. He worked with Lovie Smith in St. Louis back when it was the Greatest Show on Turf. Just saying.

Best thing the Bengals have heard since the final horn for the season sounded! I'd find a way to go after Marty Mourningway but doubt it will happen.

 

He is already an OC and to my understanding you can't because it would be a latteral move.

Thank you Carson for taking the team hostage!

Zempese (sp.) could have called the plays for it if it came down to that. Then if they knew they were going to fire Brat, and kept him just because of the Senior Bowl, while other teams made moves to get guys who were available. Then they are even dumbere than I realized.

 

Brat called the first half, Zampese called the second half. Obviously Zampese did a better job since Brat went scoreless. Any word about Jay Glaser being a candidate?

The best thing the Bengals could have done has happened which has been long overdue.

Hopefully they can get Norm Chow.

Hopefully they can get Norm Chow.

 

Chow's record as offensive coordinator over the past few years is worse than Bratkowski's. I could buy Chow as QB coach if Zampese gets the OC job. Developing/coaching QB's is what Chow seems to be best at.

Zempese (sp.) could have called the plays for it if it came down to that. Then if they knew they were going to fire Brat, and kept him just because of the Senior Bowl, while other teams made moves to get guys who were available. Then they are even dumbere than I realized.

 

Brat called the first half, Zampese called the second half. Obviously Zampese did a better job since Brat went scoreless. Any word about Jay Glaser being a candidate?

The Fox Sports reporter Jay Glazer? Did he even play football?

 

I hope not, he is the best in the business.

Chow's record as offensive coordinator over the past few years is worse than Bratkowski's. I could buy Chow as QB coach if Zampese gets the OC job. Developing/coaching QB's is what Chow seems to be best at.

 

It was under Chow that Palmer had his breakout year in college. Chow has always been known as a great offensive mind. However you are right, his last few stops has not been that great, and did get fired from the Titans job as OC. However that was with Vince Young at QB, and his system probably fits a pocket passser like Palmer better.

It was under Chow that Palmer had his breakout year in college. Chow has always been known as a great offensive mind. However you are right, his last few stops has not been that great, and did get fired from the Titans job as OC. However that was with Vince Young at QB, and his system probably fits a pocket passser like Palmer better.

 

It was under Bratkowski that Palmer was well on his way to being an elite QB before hurting his knee.

 

Chow's gimmick doesn't translate well to the NFL IMO.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e0b896/article/ochocinco-ill-stay-with-bengals-until-they-tell-me-to-go?module=HP_headlines

 

"I think Carson made a demand. Changes are being made already I guess to accommodate his demand," Ochocinco said. "I guess the organization will do whatever it takes to make him happy.

 

"Our offensive coordinator was fired yesterday, for whatever reason, I'm not sure why. We've had some of our best years with him at the helm. I'm not sure where that firing came from. I'm sure other changes are soon to come."

 

Whether those changes involve Ochocinco has yet to be determined. He is under contract with the Bengals next season, but he has done little to quiet talk about a possible change of employer. Until Tuesday.

 

"I'm not sure," Ochocinco said of his future. "Cincinnati is all I know. The Bengals is all I know. That city, the fans is all I know. I will continue to embrace that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.