Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gilchrist vs Rivers on the Deuce Tonight

Featured Replies

IMO he is a lot like Rivers. Can just score, and score, and score, then score some more.

 

 

I agree with everything said about Rivers, he is the real deal. Most NBA ready scorer I have seen at the high school level since Lebron.

 

LOVE watching Beal play as I have said on here before. While not the best player in the class, he is my favorite to watch...

  • Replies 83
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not even close and you know it... :D

 

Well its closer than you will ever admit. :D

 

 

LOVE watching Beal play as I have said on here before. While not the best player in the class, he is my favorite to watch...

 

 

Yeah he is awesome to watch. If Billy Boy can keep a couple of his guys around Florida will be real contenders next year.

  • Author

Gilchrist is on again today at 1:00 on the U.

Irving and Rivers combo would by far be the best best court we've seen in a while. The most talented one I can think of is the Illinois backcourt with Dee Brown, Deron Williams, and Luther Head. Maybe MSU with Cleeves and Peterson. I'd still take Irving and Rivers, though.

Rivers was manchild and showed why he is and should be rated above Gilchrist IMO. There is just something missing with Gilchrist IMO, it's like he was hiding as the game was going along. Looks likes a pretty good college player and a role guy off the bench in the NBA going forward to my unexpert analysis. I've just been a little underwhelmed every time I've seen him play. But he has all the talent in the world.

 

Rivers looks like he could be the best player in college basketball next year to me. I'll go on record as saying I don't love his athleticism for the NBA game though. He's sort of a tweener, and I don't think he gets to the basket like that in the league. I could be and probably am completely wrong though, his game is about as polished as you could ask for in a HS player.

^ It's gotta be the jumper. He does everything else well except shoot the midrange/perimeter shot.

^ It's gotta be the jumper. He does everything else well except shoot the midrange/perimeter shot.

 

Gilchrist's jumper doesn't bother me. I expect most wing players his size to not have a great jumper coming out of HS or even college. Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, DWade all had to work on their jumpshots. To me its the fact that he just doesn't seem to want to take over games. He was fine letting the clock run out the other night during the 4th rather than trying to close the deal. To me he kind of hid from the spot light where as Rivers thrived in it. JMO :thumb:.

Also, it might seem that way because he isn't always trying to score like Rivers is. I feel like Rivers gets the ball and thinks "how am I going to score?" while Gilchrist gets the ball and thinks "how is my team going to score." Not that Rivers is too selfish, he just has to be selfish because his team isn't very good.

Also, it might seem that way because he isn't always trying to score like Rivers is. I feel like Rivers gets the ball and thinks "how am I going to score?" while Gilchrist gets the ball and thinks "how is my team going to score." Not that Rivers is too selfish, he just has to be selfish because his team isn't very good.

 

Great explanation. I could definitely see that :thumb:.

Anyone know where I can get a steam of ESPN U on my computer? ATDHE.net doesn't have it for some reason.

Anyone know where I can get a steam of ESPN U on my computer? ATDHE.net doesn't have it for some reason.

 

ESPN 3?

try channelsurfing.net

Rivers was manchild and showed why he is and should be rated above Gilchrist IMO. There is just something missing with Gilchrist IMO, it's like he was hiding as the game was going along. Looks likes a pretty good college player and a role guy off the bench in the NBA going forward to my unexpert analysis. I've just been a little underwhelmed every time I've seen him play. But he has all the talent in the world.

 

Rivers looks like he could be the best player in college basketball next year to me. I'll go on record as saying I don't love his athleticism for the NBA game though. He's sort of a tweener, and I don't think he gets to the basket like that in the league. I could be and probably am completely wrong though, his game is about as polished as you could ask for in a HS player.

 

Gilchrist is just a winner. It's not really flashy to watch, but when the final horn sounds he will have his hand in on impacting every phase of the game. He's a lot like Scottie Pippen in that he will never be THE guy, but is the perfect compliment to a big time star.

 

The thing with Rivers game that will translate to a 20 ppg scorer in the NBA game eventually is the way he can change pace and get a defender back on their heels trying to guess where he is trying to go. He can shoot from anywhere, jab step and drain in mid range and then when he has those working he takes it to the rim...

  • Author

Gilchrist had 27. Shabbaz Muhammad had 28.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.