Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gilchrist vs Rivers on the Deuce Tonight

Featured Replies

I'll go ahead & play the role of the idiot who picked Barnes to be 1st team AA (and maybe POY), and I'll say Austin Rivers is a 1st Team AA in 2011-12.

 

Much safer pick. As I have said all along, Barnes just doesn't have that natural killer instinct. As you saw on full display tonight Rivers does in spades...

  • Replies 83
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Much safer pick. As I have said all along, Barnes just doesn't have that natural killer instinct. As you saw on full display tonight Rivers does in spades...

 

I'm excited about him. GT how do you think Cook will fit in with the likes of Rivers, Dawkins Curry already in the backcourt?

I'm excited about him. GT how do you think Cook will fit in with the likes of Rivers, Dawkins Curry already in the backcourt?

 

I'm not a huge fan of Cook because I've seen him slow the growth of some other guards on his AAU team with the way he dominates the ball. He did adjust some playing for the USA 17U team in the summer, but I'm not fully sold on him as a distributing type PG just yet. K will get him in line, or he'll sit until he learns...

Gilchrist is going to be a very nice player at UK, but that jumper is broke. Seemingly fades away on every shot.

He seemingly does everything really well, and is a really nice player. Got to love the motor.

Muhammed, supposedly is down to the three you mentioned, but UNC can not be counted out in this whole recruitment.

I love watching Rivers play. He turned it on in the 3rd in that game.

That's him. Very impressive youngster...

 

Amazing... If they develop him right he will be flat out dominate coming out of HS.

I'm still wanting to see Bradley Beal play. I've yet to see anything but highlights from him.

I'm not a huge fan of Cook because I've seen him slow the growth of some other guards on his AAU team with the way he dominates the ball. He did adjust some playing for the USA 17U team in the summer, but I'm not fully sold on him as a distributing type PG just yet. K will get him in line, or he'll sit until he learns...

 

I believe Cook's team is on ESPNU tonight. I'm going to try and check him out.

So there's roughly a 50% chance it's accurate... :lol:

 

I like KSR, Matt Jones, the radio show, all of that, but he really does need to keep his mouth shut when it comes down to anything recruiting. The other day on the radio show someone called in and was asking about some of the guards that may be coming in 2012 and he was like, "well I don't know much about what Cals trying to do for that class, but I know one big time guard he is after hard is the Drummond kid." I almost fell out of my seat I was so disgusted. Its one thing to give bad info, its another thing to give bad info to a fan base in which the majority thinks your the be all end all of Kentucky news. I tried to call in and make sure they knew that was about as far from being accurate in almost every sense of the statement but could not get through. :D

I'm still wanting to see Bradley Beal play. I've yet to see anything but highlights from him.

 

IMO he is a lot like Rivers. Can just score, and score, and score, then score some more.

 

 

I agree with everything said about Rivers, he is the real deal. Most NBA ready scorer I have seen at the high school level since Lebron.

I'm not a huge fan of Cook because I've seen him slow the growth of some other guards on his AAU team with the way he dominates the ball. He did adjust some playing for the USA 17U team in the summer, but I'm not fully sold on him as a distributing type PG just yet. K will get him in line, or he'll sit until he learns...

 

I only got to see bits and pieces of his game last night between switching back and forth with Miss America but it seemed he was really able to get his teammates involved and find the open man. He seems to have quite a bit of talent (wasn't impressed with his quickness though but didn't get to see much as I said) and I'm sure K will take care of working him.

IMO he is a lot like Rivers. Can just score, and score, and score, then score some more.

 

 

I agree with everything said about Rivers, he is the real deal. Most NBA ready scorer I have seen at the high school level since Lebron.

 

 

Here is something to ponder... If Irving sticks around to play alongside Rivers, would that be the best backcourt we've seen in quite a long time?

Here is something to ponder... If Irving sticks around to play alongside Rivers, would that be the best backcourt we've seen in quite a long time?

 

It would be tough to beat, that is for sure. The only thing to rival it may be Marquis Teague and Brandon Knight (2G) playing in the same back court. :sssh:

I only got to see bits and pieces of his game last night between switching back and forth with Miss America but it seemed he was really able to get his teammates involved and find the open man. He seems to have quite a bit of talent (wasn't impressed with his quickness though but didn't get to see much as I said) and I'm sure K will take care of working him.

 

Talent isn't the question with Cook at all. Just needs to learn to be a PG all the time and he'll be fine...

It would be tough to beat, that is for sure. The only thing to rival it may be Marquis Teague and Brandon Knight (2G) playing in the same back court. :sssh:

 

Not even close and you know it... :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.