Gilchrist vs Rivers on the Deuce Tonight

Clyde

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love myself some Shabbaz at UK. Kids got a sweet stroke and can really finish at the rim.

He was at the Duke game this past Saturday and looked to be having a good time. Looks like everybody wants him. :lol:

Anybody have any word on where he's leaning?

GT what's your assessment on Andre Drummond? Haven't seen him play, just highlights.

Can be big time with his size and skill set, but motor runs on idle a lot more than I like. Love his hands and footwork from the times I have seen him...

Gilchrist is just a winner. It's not really flashy to watch, but when the final horn sounds he will have his hand in on impacting every phase of the game. He's a lot like Scottie Pippen in that he will never be THE guy, but is the perfect compliment to a big time star.

The thing with Rivers game that will translate to a 20 ppg scorer in the NBA game eventually is the way he can change pace and get a defender back on their heels trying to guess where he is trying to go. He can shoot from anywhere, jab step and drain in mid range and then when he has those working he takes it to the rim...

What about Rivers' defense? We all know he has the offensive part of the game, but I've read on a few other sites where some are concerned about his defensive ability. There's more to college basketball than being able to score.

What about Rivers' defense? We all know he has the offensive part of the game, but I've read on a few other sites where some are concerned about his defensive ability. There's more to college basketball than being able to score.

Like all young kids he needs some work on D, but it is magnified in HS because Winter Park has very little else so he can't afford to foul if they want to win. I don't see his D as any concern at the next level...

Gilchrist is just a winner. It's not really flashy to watch, but when the final horn sounds he will have his hand in on impacting every phase of the game. He's a lot like Scottie Pippen in that he will never be THE guy, but is the perfect compliment to a big time star.

The thing with Rivers game that will translate to a 20 ppg scorer in the NBA game eventually is the way he can change pace and get a defender back on their heels trying to guess where he is trying to go. He can shoot from anywhere, jab step and drain in mid range and then when he has those working he takes it to the rim...

:thumb: My only concern with Rivers is how he is going to actually get the ball to the rim. With his footwork he should be able to get by his man, I'm just not sold on him being able to elevate and get buckets against NBA bigs. He's crafty though, so he'll probably use some guile like a Rondo or CP3.