New Michigan Head Coach: Brady Hoke

Hangman

Pro set fits Forcier better, but Robinson would still have a place of great value on the team. I could see him just like Randle Cobb. Punt/kick return, slot, H-back, wildcat, wide out, and a horrible match up issue for most defenses. IMO he would have a much better chance at the next level in that multi purpose role then he would as a QB.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am anything but a Michigan faithful as the thread question ask but imo Brady Hoke will do a very good job in Ann Arbor. Hoke does things the old school Schembechler way with defense being a priority. Michigan basically has had no defense under RR and just some speed/athletes on the offensive side of the ball. Michigan's administration and fans/alumni are going to have to bear with him and wait on him to build his program. Hoke's first couple of seasons may be a little rough, especially next season. When Hoke starts getting his staff together and starts getting the kind of players that fit his system then Michigan imo will return to playing very good football.

So, imo "that team up North" will return to playing good football and might even compete with the Buckeyes to make it competitive again.:D, this run the Bucks are on over them is real nice and hopefully Tressel will continue his and tOSU's dominance over Michigan.

Edited by oldrambler

So are you voicing concern that Hoke will have a good year at Michigan and then move on to a good football school?:sssh:

I don't know how well he will do there, but I don't think UM fans will give him a chance. I think the return to the pro-style is going to be painful for Michigan.

I'm a Michigan fan, full disclosure.

This has a Jim Tressel to Ohio State kind of feel to it, only on our side. I am optimistic.

I hope Denard Robinson stays and Big Blue can do some things next season.

I was kind of thinking this was about like Tressel, except for the fact that JT was way more successful than Hoke.

Where will D. Robinson play? Hoke has already said it will be I-Formation with a fullback and not a running qb.

Interesting question. Not sure how many teams really fit what he is looking for. I think Baylor would be an interesting fit, provided RGIII leaves after next year. If Newton was coming back, Auburn would be perfect. Oregon would be really good, but Thomas is there for another two years so that would only give him one year to play. A smaller school could be interesting. Maybe Marshall with Doc Holliday? USF, FAU, FIU? Heck I'd gladly take him at Miami.

Pro set fits Forcier better, but Robinson would still have a place of great value on the team. I could see him just like Randle Cobb. Punt/kick return, slot, H-back, wildcat, wide out, and a horrible match up issue for most defenses. IMO he would have a much better chance at the next level in that multi purpose role then he would as a QB.

My understanding is Tate Forcier is out at Michigan. I know he was/is academically ineligible and may have already transferred.

I am anything but a Michigan faithful as the thread question ask but imo Brady Hoke will do a very good job in Ann Arbor. Hoke does things the old school Schembechler way with defense being a priority. Michigan basically has had no defense under RR and just some speed/athletes on the offensive side of the ball. Michigan's administration and fans/alumni are going to have to bear with him and wait on him to build his program. Hoke's first couple of seasons may be a little rough, especially next season. When Hoke starts getting his staff together and starts getting the kind of players that fit his system then Michigan imo will return to playing very good football.

So, imo "that team up North" will return to playing good football and might even compete with the Buckeyes to make it competitive again.:D, this run the Bucks are on over them is real nice and hopefully Tressel will continue his and tOSU's dominance over Michigan.

Personally I can't stand Michigan, in fact they are one of my least favorite teams. I feel the same way about Indiana in basketball. However, NCAA basketball has not felt right to me since Indiana has been so awful. Michigan football is the same way, there's something missing for me when Michigan sucks this bad.

Where will D. Robinson play? Hoke has already said it will be I-Formation with a fullback and not a running qb.

Why not QB? Work with him and employ a West Coast style offense with lots of bootleg action, roll outs and take advantage of his strengths. He needs work throwing the ball, But his athletic ability is incredible.

He could play receiver, a la Randall Cobb- use him in Wildcat packages and returning kicks.

I just hate losing an athlete like him- it would feel like losing Ryan Mallett all over again.

Why not QB? Work with him and employ a West Coast style offense with lots of bootleg action, roll outs and take advantage of his strengths. He needs work throwing the ball, But his athletic ability is incredible.

He could play receiver, a la Randall Cobb- use him in Wildcat packages and returning kicks.

I just hate losing an athlete like him- it would feel like losing Ryan Mallett all over again.

A few months ago they asked on 1st and 10 who Dernard Robinson reminded them of and Skip Bayless said Chris Johnson. I could see that.

A few months ago they asked on 1st and 10 who Dernard Robinson reminded them of and Skip Bayless said Chris Johnson. I could see that.

He is fragile, or at least he was this past season. He would need a lot more muscle to be a tailback in an I system or a West Coast system. Athletically he could play anywhere, but I do not see him being durable enough for running back right now.

He is fragile, or at least he was this past season. He would need a lot more muscle to be a tailback in an I system or a West Coast system. Athletically he could play anywhere, but I do not see him being durable enough for running back right now.

Do you think he may be better able to sustain the hits an RB takes as opposed to the ones a QB gets? I know alot of the time it wouldn't make a difference because many of his runs were designed QB run plays, so I see your point.

I read today that Hoke said yes to the offer without even asking what the salary would be.

That's somewhat unbelieveable, while I also believe it's not too surprising. With Michigan being traditionally known as it is, I'm sure there are plenty of others that may not have as well if offered the opportunity.

Do you think he may be better able to sustain the hits an RB takes as opposed to the ones a QB gets? I know alot of the time it wouldn't make a difference because many of his runs were designed QB run plays, so I see your point.

Exactly, Cats. Robinson was not getting hurt because of hits in the pocket. The ball was out fast when he passed with a lot of 1 and 3 step drops. He would get dinged running the zone read, QB counter, QB iso type plays. Those are the type of runs he would have as a tailback in an I offense or the halfback in a west coast system. He would need to reinvent his body type to play running back, IMO.

Personally I can't stand Michigan, in fact they are one of my least favorite teams. I feel the same way about Indiana in basketball. However, NCAA basketball has not felt right to me since Indiana has been so awful. Michigan football is the same way, there's something missing for me when Michigan sucks this bad.

I know what you mean but when Bo and Lloyd Carr were at Michigan they played hard,tough winning football. I certainly was no fan but I did respect Michigan. Being a fan of college football I have to their all respect their time record, I don't necessarily like them and certainly want to beat the holy crap out of them but I did respect that program up untill the no class jerk RR came to town. I feel that Hoke will return UM to a very good team and program.