Coaching Change at Whitley

topgun

I heard from some sources that long time central elementary coach BRIAN STEWART is going to be the new coach.BRIAN will bring in a west coast type of offense with a run 'n' gun style .... also a blizting style of defense , hopefully he can get the RED STORM back on track.

I've heard the same thing. He was a heck of a quarterback at EKU.... TT you are good!!!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard the same thing. He was a heck of a quarterback at EKU.... TT you are good!!!

From what i hear he wins the elementary championship every year,He also was a 4 year starter at PINEVILLE and maybe the best quarterback in their storyed history

From what i hear he wins the elementary championship every year,He also was a 4 year starter at PINEVILLE and maybe the best quarterback in their storyed history

I don't know Coach Stewart, but IMO Tuck Woolum would have to be the best QB from Pineville, From the success Coach Black has had at W'burg he would be a great candiate but he may still be to close to the present staff. Winning in elementary is a long long long way from beating high school teams in 4A football. I also feel the Corbin Times ran this story way to soon, sure the players will back their old coach. Coach Campbell has been the best coach of any sport at Whitley Co. in the history of the school, his 18 year record speaks for itself. He should have been able to go out under better conditions.

I don't know Coach Stewart, but IMO Tuck Woolum would have to be the best QB from Pineville, From the success Coach Black has had at W'burg he would be a great candiate but he may still be to close to the present staff. Winning in elementary is a long long long way from beating high school teams in 4A football. I also feel the Corbin Times ran this story way to soon, sure the players will back their old coach. Coach Campbell has been the best coach of any sport at Whitley Co. in the history of the school, his 18 year record speaks for itself. He should have been able to go out under better conditions.

I agree, surely Coach Campbell has gotten Whitley to where they can find a good high profile coach to help them compete in 4A. I have alot of respect for coach Campbell and what he has done at Whitley. I hope they dont have to hire a grade school coach to lead the Colonels in that 4A district. :confused: :confused:

Rains from LCA will be filling the position, Campbell will stay as AD. Just what I'm hearing...I would guess that Thunderstruck could say whether i'm right or wrong.

Heck of a career by Campbell at Whitley, I'm sure he will be missed on the sidelines.

Are there any ties to Paul Rains and Whitley Co. because he has done wonderful things at Lex. Christian and I would not assume he would want to leave.

Until it becomes official I think that any speculation on who could replace Coach Campbell is just that... speculation. I am sure, should the need arise, there will be a long process, including but not limited to several of the coaches named here and some yet to be named. But it all may be a moot point since there is nothing official yet.

As far as the Times article went, only the kids said anything. I think that the author of the article was out of line, the kids do not speak for the school or Coach Campbell. I did not see him talking to the kids for articles last year when North Laurel was looking for a coach. This is a delicate situation, and the kids welfare should be taken into consideration. When you have kids making comments to the papers, all it does is incite hard feelings, for the administration, and any possible coaches that may be there in the future.

I don't have a dog in the fight, other than supporting the football program at Whitley County. Until there is anything different, I will support Coach Mike Campbell.