Coaching Change at Whitley

topgun

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard two names and one name I've heard is in western Kentucky. Story on Campbell will be in Saturday's edition of the Times-Tribune.

1. Whitaker

2. The other is close by from what I hear, but can't say who.

1. Mike Whitaker

2. Jim Black

3. Dudley Hilton (had to throw his name in there because it is a job opening in SE KY. It is mandatory to mention Dudley's name in every opening.)

I'd really like to see Coach Black down at Whitley County. Mike Whitaker has too good of a thing going at Christian County and would be foolish to leave. There simply is not enough athletes in the mountains to run his offense on a consistant basis. Out in Hopkinsville there is more athletes plus he has more athletic talent in surrounding counties should they decide to attend CC.

BTW why is Campbell out? I may know but I won't go into personal lives be it good or bad so nobody needs to ask if that is even a reason.

1. Mike Whitaker

2. Jim Black

3. Dudley Hilton (had to throw his name in there because it is a job opening in SE KY. It is mandatory to mention Dudley's name in every opening.)

I'd really like to see Coach Black down at Whitley County. Mike Whitaker has too good of a thing going at Christian County and would be foolish to leave. There simply is not enough athletes in the mountains to run his offense on a consistant basis. Out in Hopkinsville there is more athletes plus he has more athletic talent in surrounding counties should they decide to attend CC.

BTW why is Campbell out? I may know but I won't go into personal lives be it good or bad so nobody needs to ask if that is even a reason.

I won't be surprised at all if Whitaker is a candidate.

He may have told his team but it is not official yet, according to Lonnie Anderson in the Corbin Times story. Coach Campbell refused comment.

Mike Campbell has done tremdous things at Whitley County, lets not forget that. Many of his kids have gone on and done great things, from the start he cared about the kids and although some (players and parents who left) will say different, for their own purely personally reasons, he has done a fantasitc job at Whitley.

I was however disappointed in the Corbin Times Story. Until it official regardless of what kids say, I would not have run the story. If and when it becomes official, all the story has done is make a tough situation tougher for everyone involved, including Coach Campbell. Not working in the media, I guess I don't understand how you can disregard the feeling of people involved, from the players to the coach to the coaching staff, to the administration.

Sure its news, but it could have waited till evrything is official, getting the scoop does not always make you the winner.

He may have told his team but it is not official yet, according to Lonnie Anderson in the Corbin Times story. Coach Campbell refused comment.

Mike Campbell has done tremdous things at Whitley County, lets not forget that. Many of his kids have gone on and done great things, from the start he cared about the kids and although some (players and parents who left) will say different, for their own purely personally reasons, he has done a fantasitc job at Whitley.

I was however disappointed in the Corbin Times Story. Until it official regardless of what kids say, I would not have run the story. If and when it becomes official, all the story has done is make a tough situation tougher for everyone involved, including Coach Campbell. Not working in the media, I guess I don't understand how you can disregard the feeling of people involved, from the players to the coach to the coaching staff, to the administration.

Sure its news, but it could have waited till evrything is official, getting the scoop does not always make you the winner.

I hope this is not directed at me because i was just informing bluegrasspreps fans the info.

Campbell has earned that courtesy considering what all he has done for the Whitley program.

I sure hope that someone did not jump the gun at the Times Tribune!

I heard from some sources that long time central elementary coach BRIAN STEWART is going to be the new coach.BRIAN will bring in a west coast type of offense with a run 'n' gun style .... also a blizting style of defense , hopefully he can get the RED STORM back on track.

I heard from some sources that long time central elementary coach BRIAN STEWART is going to be the new coach.BRIAN will bring in a west coast type of offense with a run 'n' gun style .... also a blizting style of defense , hopefully he can get the RED STORM back on track.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: