Coaching Change at Whitley

topgun

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitley should be able to win 7 games or more with all the talent they have returning. This will make the transition easier for the new coach and keep the fans happy for the time being. I hope they do open up the offense a bit. That will put more Colonel fans in the stands.

2005 UC in 10 games had 163 pass att. 92 comp. compared to 566 rush att. you can do the math. So do you think Gentry will vary from this much. Look I hope you are right in that he will open it up some but IMO Gentry and King are out of the same mold.

Check your stats. The correct totals for 2005 for the University of the Cumberlands. 105/188 for 1785 yards and 16tds. AND they were the #1 rushing team in the nation.

And I disagree about the quality of those that were interviewed, if what is being reported is correct. I think it was a great field from which to choose. High profile doesn't always mean good choice.

Looks like the Redstorm will be back on track, if Gentry can do one thing. Can he keep the players Fox sends him from the middle school playing football. I think he can and this will help Whiltey become a force once again in the mountains. He also will not lose kids to other nearby programs. (sorry to those who had their eye on some good talent coming up) Whitley is back and it's goning to be great... :thumb:

Just me, but I believe it will be a long, long time before Whitley can compete in 4A football, no matter who the coach is................

Not sure I would say a long time...2 years is my guess...I would look for Whitley to consistently put up 6 to 8 wins a year within a couple of seasons.