Your Next Miami Head Coach Is...

Hangman

Golden pounds the rock and Miami has Lamar Miller. I'll predict that people will know his name by this time next season though I obviously won't go as far as the Heisman.

Miller does have some zuzu when he totes the rock. What type of offense does he run?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller does have some zuzu when he totes the rock. What type of offense does he run?

Golden runs a pro-style smashmouth offense at Temple. At Miami I don't know what he would do. He has/had a really good RB at Temple, so I don't know if he just ran the ball 40 times a game because that is what the strength of the team was or not. I honestly think he is just what Miami needs. And Miller is my favorite guy at Miami, so I'm probably completely biased. But he can fly.

FWIW, he has been a 3-4 defense guy, which I think is awesome. Miam doesn't have alot of LBs, especially with Futch moving to TE possibly, but I think a guy like Olivier Vernon would be nasty playing that hybrid DE/LB role.

Correction Near, Golden ran a 4-3 as an assistant at PSU, a 3-4 at Virginia because of Al Groh. He ran a 3-4 and 4-3 hybrid at Temple, so he works with what he has. I love this hire. Probably won't help for this years class, but the guy is suppose to be a great recruiter.

Most that I've read states the same about the '11 season. Bottom line is it can't get much worse than what it's been since all the talent exited after those great early 2000 seasons.

Most that I've read states the same about the '11 season. Bottom line is it can't get much worse than what it's been since all the talent exited after those great early 2000 seasons.

This is a small class anyway (14 or so scholarships). If he can hold Bridgewater and Chikillo I'll be fine.

Bottom Line they are still the "U"

Could have gotten a bigger name. No away does this guy desrve a shot at the U.

Miami is a small private school, less than 10,000 undergraduates. They get no state money for anything, so they have to rely on tuition, alumni, and boosters for not only athletics, but the maintenance and advancement of academics.

The U simply does not have the money for a big name coach. I'm not privy to Golden's contract, but I pretty sure it's no 2.7 mil a year deal, like Muschamp got at UF. If Golden got more than Shannon was making, I'd be surprised. Shannon was making about half that.

I think Charlie Strong is making more than Randy Shannon was. I know Skip Holtz's salary was more than Shannon's.

WHo has he beaten? I agree Temple isn't the easiest place to win. But look who he has beaten. UConn is his only big win. That isn't that big.

It's all relative. 6 years ago Temple was the worst team in the FBS, not of the BCS conference teams but probably overall. They almost dropped their program. They were a team that got kicked out of the Big East, a pathetic BCS conference in its own right who shouldn't be able to kick anyone out. They had so much talent that they were winning 0, 1 or 2 games a year against Mac competition. So when you say he hasn't beaten anyone, I ask how did you want him to? Do you want to take Highlands or Louisville Trinity up against college competition and see how many games you'd win? You don't like the hire fine, but I just can't see cutting down Golden's accomplishments at Temple. They were nothing short of miraculous.

Also a big name doesn't guarantee success. Golden is a young, proven coach and recruiter who fits what Miami wants to a T. Yeah, they probably could have got Tubberville or Leach, but as a MIami fan I would hate either coming to the U.

It's all relative. 6 years ago Temple was the worst team in the FBS, not of the BCS conference teams but probably overall. They almost dropped their program. They were a team that got kicked out of the Big East, a pathetic BCS conference in its own right who shouldn't be able to kick anyone out. They had so much talent that they were winning 0, 1 or 2 games a year against Mac competition. So when you say he hasn't beaten anyone, I ask how did you want him to? Do you want to take Highlands or Louisville Trinity up against college competition and see how many games you'd win? You don't like the hire fine, but I just can't see cutting down Golden's accomplishments at Temple. They were nothing short of miraculous.

Also a big name doesn't guarantee success. Golden is a young, proven coach and recruiter who fits what Miami wants to a T. Yeah, they probably could have got Tubberville or Leach, but as a MIami fan I would hate either coming to the U.

Wow in one thread you are bashing the hire of Muschamp, and in this thread you are defending Miami tooth and nail. I will say this and let it go. There is much more pressure on the DC at Texas than on the Head Coach at Temple. Muschamp has been a hot name for 6years or more...I had never heard of Groden until now.

Time will tell which is the better hire...

Wow in one thread you are bashing the hire of Muschamp, and in this thread you are defending Miami tooth and nail. I will say this and let it go. There is much more pressure on the DC at Texas than on the Head Coach at Temple. Muschamp has been a hot name for 6years or more...I had never heard of Groden until now.

Time will tell which is the better hire...

Miami and UF cannot hire the same caliber of coaches. UF is in a better conference, has more money, better facilities and has been a top 3 program the last 5 years. Miami hired a guy they could afford, and a guy that is a proven HC. This really isn't a hard concept to understand. Muschamp would have been a great hire for Miami, but for a program that can pay nearly 5 million per season on top of everything else UF has to offer a first year coach is kind of pathetic. Big-time coordinators do not always translate into success. Once again not a hard concept to understand. Muschamp may end up being a great hire, but a program of UFs caliber should have been able to get an established coach. Comparing the Miami job to the UF one is a joke as bad as I hate to admit it. Do some research please.