Your Next Miami Head Coach Is...

Hangman

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is an excellent hire for The U. If this guy can take a dormant program like Temple to MAC title game and follow it up with an 8-4 season with a win over UConn...one can imagine what he can do in Miami.

I think this is the best hire since the end of the regular season. I think this is a better hire than what Florida got and will even be better than Vandy getting Malzhan.

Al Golden?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5912786

I'm sure this isn't the hire many of you wanted.

Wow, can't imagine he was the best they could get...Not a good hire IMO.

They were also looking at a CFL guy.... really?

Saw an interesting stat on Twitter about Golden. He didn't beat one single MAC team with a record better than .500 while at Temple. Makes his win totals sound quite misleading...

Just saying

I love the hire. Say what you want about win totals or competition but Temple was THE WORST job in D1 when he took over. They were so bad they got kicked out of the Big East and couldn't even beat Mac teams. I remember for like 3 or 4 years they were honestly one of the 4 or 5 worst teams in college football.

Maybe he didn't have great stats, but what he did was impressive to me. He is known as a tireless recruiter and I think he's just what Miami needs. The guys will play hard for him.

He's good enough to be the next coach at Penn State but not good enough for Miami? Seriously?

I know little of Golden since I don't have Temple down as one of my must watch teams. I do know that winning at Temple isn't easy and he did just that plus he has a solid resume as both a D coordinator and is known as a good recruiter so that's appealing. Not the "name" I had hoped for but only time will tell.