Your Next Miami Head Coach Is...

Hangman

Miami and UF cannot hire the same caliber of coaches. UF is in a better conference, has more money, better facilities and has been a top 3 program the last 5 years. Miami hired a guy they could afford, and a guy that is a proven HC. This really isn't a hard concept to understand. Muschamp would have been a great hire for Miami, but for a program that can pay nearly 5 million per season on top of everything else UF has to offer a first year coach is kind of pathetic. Big-time coordinators do not always translate into success. Once again not a hard concept to understand. Muschamp may end up being a great hire, but a program of UFs caliber should have been able to get an established coach. Comparing the Miami job to the UF one is a joke as bad as I hate to admit it. Do some research please.

Is it really that big of a gap? Within the last 10 years Miami has been the elite program in the country. Both schools have the same talent rich recruiting base. While Florida has the benefit of playing in the SEC, Miami has the benefit of not playing in the SEC. Miami is a BCS conference that is much weaker. Granted the Miami Job and the Florida Job are on different teirs at this point it has been proven Miami can get back to the top quickly.

There are but a few top named coaches in College football...we will see a rise in young Coaching talent over the next few years, and I think Muschamp will be the new era of top notched coaches...

Let's face it, how good of a program builder is Urban Myer? He won everywhere with other people's talent. Florida took a big slip this year playing with all Myer recruits...yet most would consider Urban Myer a top 5 coach at this point.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/b]

Is it really that big of a gap? Within the last 10 years Miami has been the elite program in the country. Both schools have the same talent rich recruiting base. While Florida has the benefit of playing in the SEC, Miami has the benefit of not playing in the SEC. Miami is a BCS conference that is much weaker. Granted the Miami Job and the Florida Job are on different teirs at this point it has been proven Miami can get back to the top quickly.

There are but a few top named coaches in College football...we will see a rise in young Coaching talent over the next few years, and I think Muschamp will be the new era of top notched coaches...

Let's face it, how good of a program builder is Urban Myer? He won everywhere with other people's talent. Florida took a big slip this year playing with all Myer recruits...yet most would consider Urban Myer a top 5 coach at this point.

Yeah the gap is that big. Miami paid Shannon less than 10 other ACC coaches and the rest of the staff was completely underfunded. They play in a half-full stadium 30 miles away from campus. No established coach has came to Miami since Schnellenberg, and even he was not a home-run hire. As far as having talent it's a great job, but outside of that and 5 MNCs trophies, Miami probably isn't a top 30 job in the country.

As for Meyer, I would guess he's a pretty good program builder. Look at the success Utah has sustain since he left. Florida is one of the main "brands" in college football, and it was not when he got there. If you think Muschamp is going to be really good that is fine, but the track record of previous coaches says otherwise. Maybe he'll buck the trend, but realistically I see the mistakes first time coaches make being the downfall of him. It's hard to follow a legend, and like him or not Meyer is a legend at UF. So Muschamp will be under the largest microscope in college football IMO. To me, the job now is too big for a first timer, no matter the pedigree.

Yeah the gap is that big. Miami paid Shannon less than 10 other ACC coaches and the rest of the staff was completely underfunded. They play in a half-full stadium 30 miles away from campus. No established coach has came to Miami since Schnellenberg, and even he was not a home-run hire. As far as having talent it's a great job, but outside of that and 5 MNCs trophies, Miami probably isn't a top 30 job in the country.

As for Meyer, I would guess he's a pretty good program builder. Look at the success Utah has sustain since he left. Florida is one of the main "brands" in college football, and it was not when he got there. If you think Muschamp is going to be really good that is fine, but the track record of previous coaches says otherwise. Maybe he'll buck the trend, but realistically I see the mistakes first time coaches make being the downfall of him. It's hard to follow a legend, and like him or not Meyer is a legend at UF. So Muschamp will be under the largest microscope in college football IMO. To me, the job now is too big for a first timer, no matter the pedigree.

Time will tell about Muschamp as for Miami and no homerun hires that is laughable. Whether or not Jimmy Johnson, Dennis Erickson, or Butch Davis was a homerun hire at the time, they were homerun Coaches. If the three mentioned above weren't homerun hires (I guess they were assistants) that helps my argument for Muschamp.

I believe Muschamp will have the same type of success as Bob Stoops. There careers are very similar and they are of similar pedigree. Only time will tell.

Time will tell about Muschamp as for Miami and no homerun hires that is laughable. Whether or not Jimmy Johnson, Dennis Erickson, or Butch Davis was a homerun hire at the time, they were homerun Coaches. If the three mentioned above weren't homerun hires (I guess they were assistants) that helps my argument for Muschamp.

I believe Muschamp will have the same type of success as Bob Stoops. There careers are very similar and they are of similar pedigree. Only time will tell.

I definitely remember Jimmy Johnson was a home run hire. He built a terrible Oklahoma State program up and had coached Barry Sanders. His only problem was he was in the same state as Switzer and OU.

Let's define home run hire....A hire that is a no brainer, absolute star power of the new coach. Hiring John Gruden or Nick Saban is a home run. Hiring Gene Chizik and then seeing him take Auburn to the MNC two yeras later is not a home-run IMO, but a below the radar hire that ends up being the right one.

They were not big-name hires at the time, which is obviously what I meant. All of the 3 were far from a sure thing when they were hired, and most Miami fans did not really support any of the 3. When they were hired, fans thought Jimmy was a nobody, they hated Erickson's offense, and there were fire Butch Davis banners flown above the stadium. Once again, after Lou Saban and arguably Schnelly, Miami has never hired a big name coach. So please refrain from trying to tell me about the history of Miami football....

As for Stoops and Muschamp you have absolutely nothing to base that on other than hope. As was discussed and proven earlier Stoops has proven to be the exception and not the rule.

Let's define home run hire....A hire that is a no brainer, absolute star power of the new coach. Hiring John Gruden or Nick Saban is a home run. Hiring Gene Chizik and then seeing him take Auburn to the MNC two yeras later is not a home-run IMO, but a below the radar hire that ends up being the right one.

They were not big-name hires at the time, which is obviously what I meant. All of the 3 were far from a sure thing when they were hired, and most Miami fans did not really support any of the 3. When they were hired, fans thought Jimmy was a nobody, they hated Erickson's offense, and there were fire Butch Davis banners flown above the stadium. Once again, after Lou Saban and arguably Schnelly, Miami has never hired a big name coach. So please refrain from trying to tell me about the history of Miami football....

As for Stoops and Muschamp you have absolutely nothing to base that on other than hope. As was discussed and proven earlier Stoops has proven to be the exception and not the rule.

I will drop this, because obviously you know all...I guess National Champion coaches aren't home runs...and for the record, go and do a little research on Stoops and Muschamp...including their college playing days and their walk up the coaching ladder...good luck to the new Coaches Groden and Muschamp...

[/b]

I will drop this, because obviously you know all...I guess National Champion coaches aren't home runs...and for the record, go and do a little research on Stoops and Muschamp...including their college playing days and their walk up the coaching ladder...good luck to the new Coaches Groden and Muschamp...

That was an an un-needed shot and was offensive. I could care less what you think from now on because I won't be talking to you, commenting to you or reading anything you say.