What Ky HS fans travel the best?

Sweeperboy

I was very impressed by the numbers that Belfry brought on a long trip to Mason County. Best visiting crowd I've seen here in a month of Sundays.

I agree, biggest visiting crowd I've ever seen at Mason County. And it's a long, hard drive from the mountains to Maysville.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Exactly. I bet Highlands would have had a bigger crowd if the game was at Nippert or Male if it was at Papa John's.

Actually I think the snow and bad roads in the Northern part of the state had more to do with many Highlands fans not making the trip this year.

I was very impressed by the numbers that Belfry brought on a long trip to Mason County. Best visiting crowd I've seen here in a month of Sundays.

Belfry always travels well. I remember watching them in the state semifinals at Lloyd Memorial the day after Thanksgiving in a snowstorm a few years ago and their entire side was full, people were on the track, and there were even a few Belfry fans on the home side. Just amazing how well those folks travel - and that's tough because it's a long trip anywhere from Belfry.

Actually I think the snow and bad roads in the Northern part of the state had more to do with many Highlands fans not making the trip this year.

I think you are right. The weather was nice in Bowling Green and I believe a lot of folks there didn't realize what the weather was like in other parts of the state. I kept waiting for more Highlands people and they never came. I can't blame them on a day like that.

I'd qualify that a little: The senior Crazies travel pretty well. From what I've witnessed, the underclassmen can be few and far between at some of the away games.

They certainly travel well when they come into David Cecil Memorial! I love the male cheerleaders on the sidelines leading the fans in the stands; I especially like the rollercoaster ride simulation. Always good to see Bobby Rowe standing close by so things don't get too crazy.

ACS had 2,500 and change at Western for the State-semise (2 1/2-3hr trip). The visitor side at Western holds that many, and you couldn't get a seat if your life depended on it had you gotten there after game time. You'll see what I'm talking about with the size of the stands when you all travel there next year.

Like W.E. Raider said, Lone Oak and ACS, the only one that comes close is Boyle and considering Belfry is close to nothing, I'd have to throw them in there too. Still though, the Purple Flash and ACS Pats faithful take the cake from my observations the past few years.