What Ky HS fans travel the best?

Sweeperboy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raceland fans also travel very well. Of course there wouldn't be the numbers of fans that a much bigger school like Highlands or someone like that would have just bc of the size of school/fan base numbers. I cannot count the times that Raceland fans have far out numbered the home team fans. Raceland has a very loyal fan base. Certainly there are some fans that don't travel as well if it should be a bad season but in most normal seasons the communities of Raceland/Worthington will empty out on Friday nights, will look like a ghost town. I know of some fans that maybe couldn't have made the trip but try and be at the school when the buses returned, no matter the time of night.

We have a saying around here................. "you can always tell a Raceland Football fan, you just can't tell them much" :sssh::lol:

Owensboro Catholic always brings a terrific crowd,Danville and Fort C. where examples. The State Final 2A game, I think was close to record crowd and NCC didn't contribute a lot....

If you look at the record it was when Catholic played Russell High in 2005.

ACS had 2,500 and change at Western for the State-semise (2 1/2-3hr trip). The visitor side at Western holds that many, and you couldn't get a seat if your life depended on it had you gotten there after game time. You'll see what I'm talking about with the size of the stands when you all travel there next year.

Like W.E. Raider said, Lone Oak and ACS, the only one that comes close is Boyle and considering Belfry is close to nothing, I'd have to throw them in there too. Still though, the Purple Flash and ACS Pats faithful take the cake from my observations the past few years.

ACS travels well when it's playoff time. Boyle County travels well no matter who they play and no matter what time of the year it is.

I have no evidence, but my gut would tell me that teams that are either brand new or fairly new to deep runs in the playoffs would benefit from this new(er) experience. Teams like ACS and maybe even Lone Oak might fall into this category.

Where teams that go to state year after year tend to get......dare I say....spoiled.