My email to Mitch McConnell

When I saw the news report that Mitch was going to say in his speech that his goal was to make Obama a 1-term President, I sent out an email to him. Will let you know if I get a response. Probably some form of a form letter.

It basically said,

Are you so dense that you missed the message that the American public sent out on Tuesday night?

It is no longer about Democrats or Republicans but rather our politicians serving and leading the American public.

When the faith was in Bush and Republicans the votes were there to put them in power.

When that faith was lost, Obama and the Democrats swept into power.

Now they have lost the faith of the American public and the Republicans are getting another shot.

The American public is no longer just Democrat or just Republican. Those blind people that pull the straight line ticket cannot elect anyone anymore.

You have to show us voters that vote on candidates and not party that you are the best candidate. Or we will move to another candidate.

The American public does not care nor want to hear you talk about getting Republicans back into the White House. We want to hear you talk about how you are going to govern or lead.

It is really irrelevant to the ones voting people in office on which party is where. It is relevant on whether they are leading and taking this country in the right direction.

Your party did not in 2006 and 2008.

The Dems were not the past 2 years.

Get the message that it is not about a political party but about leading and governing or in 2012 you might find yourself swept out by another movement fed up with you over the next two years.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for sending that e-mail. My blood was boiling when I saw him say that. I didn't send an e-mail, though, because I figured they'd see I was registered Independent and think I was just an "anti-Republican", and then they'd come egg my house. :eek:

I believe the bigger message, in addition to your point, is that Washington should stay out of our lives. Beyond the Constitutional powers granted our federal government, all politicians should stay out of our lives. No Departments of Energy or Education, no to 90% of the Health Care Bill, no more stimulus efforts and no Cap and Trade.

The vote was that both parties in recent years have gone too far in intruding Washington into our lives. The ones who lead this effort not only want Obama and the liberals out, but the RHINOS as well, who are nothing but liberal lites. These people see a need to intrude on individual liberty. While I want them to work together, I would rather see a new crowd in DC, based on the ground swell of average Americans who were the ones who made the results of this election possible.

I believe the bigger message, in addition to your point, is that Washington should stay out of our lives. Beyond the Constitutional powers granted our federal government, all politicians should stay out of our lives. No Departments of Energy or Education, no to 90% of the Health Care Bill, no more stimulus efforts and no Cap and Trade.

The vote was that both parties in recent years have gone too far in intruding Washington into our lives. The ones who lead this effort not only want Obama and the liberals out, but the RHINOS as well, who are nothing but liberal lites. These people see a need to intrude on individual liberty. While I want them to work together, I would rather see a new crowd in DC, based on the ground swell of average Americans who were the ones who made the results of this election possible.

So, they want McConnell to stay?

Nice repackaged talking point there ...

So, they want McConnell to stay?

Depends on how he votes going into his next election. I would vote for him now, but if where to become a Graham or Snow or McCain, out the door he goes.

A question LBBC. Do you think the Dems where not seeking Bush (either one) to keep him to just term? All of this mess could be helped by having term limits. Then individuals, hopefully, would go to Washington and push their agenda, not worrying about being reelected. They would be reelected based on how hard they worked for their agenda, even if they were not successful in getting placed into law.

What is wrong with having Washington to stay out of my life?

What is wrong with having Washington to follow the Constitution?

What is wrong with wanting to have people elected that share that point of view?

There are legitimate disagreements about what those things mean to different people.

Schools are public institutions run by "the government". When we say there is no "school led prayer or bible study" is that the government intruding in your life or staying out of it?

When we say that women should have the right to "choose" is that the government intruding in your life or staying out of it?

When we say that there will be no same sex marriages intruding or staying out?

Does following the Constitution mean not trying to change the 14th Amendment and what it says?

What I think LBBC was saying is that MM needs to work to move the country to a better place than where it is now. It is more than just trying to win the presidency. MM should focus on positive legislation that gets people back to work and not simply defeating Obama in an election that is two years away.

There are legitimate disagreements about what those things mean to different people.

Schools are public institutions run by "the government". When we say there is no "school led prayer or bible study" is that the government intruding in your life or staying out of it?

When we say that women should have the right to "choose" is that the government intruding in your life or staying out of it?

When we say that there will be no same sex marriages intruding or staying out?

Does following the Constitution mean not trying to change the 14th Amendment and what it says?

What I think LBBC was saying is that MM needs to work to move the country to a better place than where it is now. It is more than just trying to win the presidency. MM should focus on positive legislation that gets people back to work and not simply defeating Obama in an election that is two years away.

To get the legislation needed to help the economy means Obama needs to do a 180 or be removed from office.

Depends on how he votes going into his next election. I would vote for him now, but if where to become a Graham or Snow or McCain, out the door he goes.

A question LBBC. Do you think the Dems where not seeking Bush (either one) to keep him to just term? All of this mess could be helped by having term limits. Then individuals, hopefully, would go to Washington and push their agenda, not worrying about being reelected. They would be reelected based on how hard they worked for their agenda, even if they were not successful in getting placed into law.

The bolded is the exact point of my email. They have made it about one of them keeping power. The voters have sent a message that it is NOT about them. But for the independents like RM and the RINO's that someone mentioned, it is not about party but rather about leading this country. THAT IS THE MESSAGE THAT WAS SENT.

It was sent to the Democrats in 1994.

It was sent to the Democrats in 2000.

It was sent to the Republicans in 2006.

It was sent to the Republicans in 2008.

It was sent to the Democrats in 2010.

The Republicans better see that message or it is going to be sent to them once again.

We don't want to hear, it is Republicans vs. Democrats and having a party take power.

It is about them compromising and working together to lead.

Yes and that email could have been sent to the White House, too, although President Obama struck the right note in his press conference. MM did not. All of the politicians need to make note of how the swing voters are moving back and forth and have zero party loyalty. The left and right cannot simply get a candidate elected.

When I saw the news report that Mitch was going to say in his speech that his goal was to make Obama a 1-term President, I sent out an email to him. Will let you know if I get a response. Probably some form of a form letter.

It basically said,

Are you so dense that you missed the message that the American public sent out on Tuesday night?

It is no longer about Democrats or Republicans but rather our politicians serving and leading the American public.

When the faith was in Bush and Republicans the votes were there to put them in power.

When that faith was lost, Obama and the Democrats swept into power.

Now they have lost the faith of the American public and the Republicans are getting another shot.

The American public is no longer just Democrat or just Republican. Those blind people that pull the straight line ticket cannot elect anyone anymore.

You have to show us voters that vote on candidates and not party that you are the best candidate. Or we will move to another candidate.

The American public does not care nor want to hear you talk about getting Republicans back into the White House. We want to hear you talk about how you are going to govern or lead.

It is really irrelevant to the ones voting people in office on which party is where. It is relevant on whether they are leading and taking this country in the right direction.

Your party did not in 2006 and 2008.

The Dems were not the past 2 years.

Get the message that it is not about a political party but about leading and governing or in 2012 you might find yourself swept out by another movement fed up with you over the next two years.

That's a great letter with a lot of great points. Just one question. When you head home at the end of the day, do you turn left at the rainbow or right at the pot of gold? :D

That's a great letter with a lot of great points. Just one question. When you head home at the end of the day, do you turn left at the rainbow or right at the pot of gold? :D

Well, many on here would claim that I

1) would never go left;

2) never be associated with rainbows.

Guess that means right for me.:D:D