Beechwood next year?

Sportsfan25

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read what I'm saying--those schools were class A size back then. The KHSAA used to let them play up in class. They chose to play in a bigger class until they were forced to move down to class A.

Lots of schools played up out of class. If you choose to do so then you can't complain about teams that won the class you weren't in.

The majority of the underclassmen moving up next year were members of the Spartan Youth football program. During their 8 years of play, this group went to the Superbowl 3 times, winning twice. They are a very athletic group that has yet to be proven in their Tiger Stripes. Given the opportunity, this group can and will step up to the challenge. They can't wait.

I've given you facts based on Frosh and JV games that the Beechwood underclassmen are solid but nothing in those results back up your claim that you heard that they have a "great group of underclassmen" and the you heard "Beechwood will be better next year".

Facts are Beechwood loses the leading passer/punter/placekicker and leading rusher and the leading receiver and the leader in interceptions to graduation. As always Beechwood will have plays step up to fill the void. They will be solid contenders again in Class A but to label them as "better next year" is pre-mature at this point.

I'm just going on what people have told me that is all.

Yeagle started the tradition at Beechwood, In my mind whoever takes over will continue this tradition and build on what Yeagle started years ago. It is not the end of the world, your only as good as the coaches your surround yourself with. The new coach would be wise to keep alot of Yeagle's staff to minimise the change for these kids who are used to the system in place.

I heard a head coach speaking one time and he said that head coaches are only as good as the people they surround themselves with. It's a given that Yeagle is an amazing coach whos accomplishments speak for themselves. At the same time he hasn't done it all by himself. Evidently he must have some pretty darn good understudies over there in the other Ft. :D. Why wouldn't the Tigers try to stay in house with a replacement even beyond Burnett? Of course all this is mute if Yeagle comes back again next year.

I heard a head coach speaking one time and he said that head coaches are only as good as the people they surround themselves with. It's a given that Yeagle is an amazing coach whos accomplishments speak for themselves. At the same time he hasn't done it all by himself. Evidently he must have some pretty darn good understudies over there in the other Ft. :D. Why wouldn't the Tigers try to stay in house with a replacement even beyond Burnett? Of course all this is mute if Yeagle comes back again next year.

Being a public school I am sure the job has to be advertised. I would say the first offer will be to Burnett, unless he tells them upfront he will not take it, he does a lot around that school and may not want to take on the extra duties.

Coach Yeagle took the program to a higher level, so you would want to see what coaches out there are interested. I am sure coaches from all around are getting their resumes ready after hearing the Beechwood job is open.

The majority of the underclassmen moving up next year were members of the Spartan Youth football program. During their 8 years of play, this group went to the Superbowl 3 times, winning twice. They are a very athletic group that has yet to be proven in their Tiger Stripes. Given the opportunity, this group can and will step up to the challenge. They can't wait.

My son is going to be a senior next year and he played for the Red Devils.They won the super Bowl both of his senior years and his last Jr year.They lost the super Bowl in his first Jr year to Bellevue.So If these boys are going to be seniors then they weren't even in any of the last 4 super bowls.

My son is going to be a senior next year and he played for the Red Devils.They won the super Bowl both of his senior years and his last Jr year.They lost the super Bowl in his first Jr year to Bellevue.So If these boys are going to be seniors then they weren't even in any of the last 4 super bowls.

I was speaking of the future Jrs AND Srs.

Every other year they were in different divisions because of age. So, the COMBINED Jr./Srs. have a total of 3 Superbowl appearances.

Let's count here. Those teams moved down for the 1999 season. 1999, 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005. Seems like 7 years to me.

Cripes, ok, in '97 we beat Bourbon Co. in the regular season finale before they went on their run in the playoffs. Beechwood smoked us and beat the future AAA champ in the process. There's one year that Beechwood would have won state regardles if Mayfield, Bardstown, or Danville were in. You can count '96 as well. '94 would have been a great game between Beechwood and Danville. '91 and '92 Beechwood was one of the best teams in the state regardless of class. There's 2 more. I'll give you '93 and '95 because obviously Bardstown won that year. They won in '99 and '04. So there's six state championships that I'm sure they would have won, one they had a very good chance to win and one that they wouldn't have. So he only has 6. Still a great career.