Beechwood next year?

Sportsfan25

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt he would take the pay cut. Isn't he a current Principle? I do know that at one time Dan and Mike were very close.

I don't know how much of a friend Dan Ritter was to Yeagle but I have a story about him back in 93 during the playoffs. New Cath was the top team in our district. We finished second. We beat Paintsville in the first round. Dayton lost to Paris. Dan came to one of our practices before the Paris game. He told us after the Paris game all they were worried about was New Cath. He told them you should worry about Beechwood not New Cath. They told him that they weren't worried about Beechwood because they would beat us. He said they were worried about New Cath not us. He talks and talks about how Paris disrepects us. Then all of a sudden he does a back flip. The man is very very intense coach. I have been saying all along if Yeagle ever left he would be perfect for the job because he is intense like him. The question would be if he got the chance would he take it?? I would think he would. He would be taking a pay cut like someone said because he is a Principal. But he would be coaching one of the best programs in the state. He would have the chance to compete for a state title every year. I don't know the man ver well only meeting him a once back then. I think Dan Ritter would be a good choice to replace Yeagle if he decides to leave.

I don't know how much of a friend Dan Ritter was to Yeagle but I have a story about him back in 93 during the playoffs. New Cath was the top team in our district. We finished second. We beat Paintsville in the first round. Dayton lost to Paris. Dan came to one of our practices before the Paris game. He told us after the Paris game all they were worried about was New Cath. He told them you should worry about Beechwood not New Cath. They told him that they weren't worried about Beechwood because they would beat us. He said they were worried about New Cath not us. He talks and talks about how Paris disrepects us. Then all of a sudden he does a back flip. The man is very very intense coach. I have been saying all along if Yeagle ever left he would be perfect for the job because he is intense like him. The question would be if he got the chance would he take it?? I would think he would. He would be taking a pay cut like someone said because he is a Principal. But he would be coaching one of the best programs in the state. He would have the chance to compete for a state title every year. I don't know the man ver well only meeting him a once back then. I think Dan Ritter would be a good choice to replace Yeagle if he decides to leave.

I grew up with Danny and he is flat out a great guy (I've got a million stories I could tell about him). I'm excited just to see his name on here; however, with his record at Dayton do you really think he would get a look? I anticipate many qualified candidates applying for this job. Plus, his children are getting to the HS level and he may want to watch them play sports for the next few years. Those are my thoughts....I know I'd hire him in a second!