Highlands/Simon Kenton 2011

tdyballgame

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think HHS "ducks" anyone per se, but they are not dummies when it comes to scheduling. If they win state this year they will have a hefty winning streak on their hands and, all other thinkgs being equal, would like to preserve that. Thus there are a few teams out there that they would rather not schedule, mostly in Cincinnati and Louisville. And there is not a coach out there that would not schedule in the same manner. HHS did not just fall off the turnip truck. I think they've earned the right to be selective in their scheduling. And as a footnote, they know that if you have too many cupcakes you will not be ready for the playoffs. They know what they are doing and if it doesn't suit SK or anyone else then oh well.

Problem with your theory is that the facts do not support it. It's been stated repeatedly that calls have been made to programs who certainly have the ability to stop the streak.

Funny how the dirty birds are trying to push a matchup now, typical Ft. Thomas. Heres one, find a D-1 power in Cincy who you feel is gonna be down and schedule them. Would have love to see the matchup with the Middies this year instead of an 0-3 Withrow who should have beat ya at home. Karma definately will always catch arrogance

Coming from one set of fans who should know.

Somebody should tell Dale to go to Buffalo Bob's in Independence for the SK coaches radio show and see who ducks who!

Dale would never do something like that and put Marksberry on the spot. I recently saw an "exchange" on the list serv between a couple of Ky coaches from down in the state (names of whom I will not disclose) where one coach politely and subtlely "called out" another coach for ducking. I jokingly suggested to Dale he should do the same to the coaches that have ducked Highlands offers. Dale knew I was kidding but made it very clear that he wouldn't do that to a fellow coach. Good for Dale.

Problem with your theory is that the facts do not support it. It's been stated repeatedly that calls have been made to programs who certainly have the ability to stop the streak.

With the new district allignment for the next 3 years I am sure X and/or T would have room to play HHS, though I would imagine they would reach out to one a little more heartily than the other.

I hope they drop them as well. Why let SK have their Cake and eat it too? LOL. Dale has a knack for not forgetting. All Dale wants is to fill his schedule with decent NKY opponents who claim to be the best. Well, at Highlands, the theme is to be the best one must beat the best and I think he gets real frustrated when his boys dont get to play the best. LOL. Go Birds 20n10

It is not my job to challenge the coaches, although you would like to make it that. I don't care about the past as it is gone. With realignment, better scheduling needs to be forced. You sit next to the AD at St. X a few times a year, why don't you broker the deal, or do you have no interest in seeing "the best teams" match up? Maybe it is just easier to pontificate from on high, and proclaim the greatness of one team while not seeing the obvious that Highlands and Trinity have only played twice ever, while BOTH teams say they are the best in the state.

As to this thread, I have alreaady said SK should play Highlands and if they are ducking the Bluebirds, then that is a shame on SK. Maybe before the BOC approved SK's request to play in a 6A Northern Kentucky district with realignment, they could have also stipulated that the Pioneers schedule Highlands, as surely the BOC, and you in particular know the difficulty Highlands has in scheduling quality opponents.

Dale hasn't given me the authority to broker games with X's AD or you know that I would.

Find the post that I proclaim Highlands "greatness". Another challenge for you since you are not interested in taking up the first challenge. If any thing, you'll find posts from me stating that if Highlands and T (or X) played 10 times, I wouldn't expect Highlands to win more than a couple out of the 10. Way too much depth and talent pool available. You are barking not only up the wrong tree on that one, you aren't even in the right forest.

And for the bazillionth time, I agree with you that they should play. Never disagreed with you on that point.

I have no idea if the BOC is aware of Highlands difficulty in compiling a schedule by the way. Not sure how they would know that.

Funny how the dirty birds are trying to push a matchup now, typical Ft. Thomas. Heres one, find a D-1 power in Cincy who you feel is gonna be down and schedule them. Would have love to see the matchup with the Middies this year instead of an 0-3 Withrow who should have beat ya at home. Karma definately will always catch arrogance

Highlands has had atleast one Cincy power on their schedule for the past 5 or so years, excluding this year. Nice try, but NEXT!

And I'm almost positive Dale tried to get a game with SK last year, but conveniently, Jeff simply couldn't agree on a date to play the Birds.

BTW, that 0-3 Withrow team would beat your Neers.

When was the last time Simon scheduled a Cincy big boy prior to this season? Not to mention, Middletown was apparently supposed to have fallen off significantly from the 2009 season. Might SK have scheduled with high hopes of playing a down GMC school? And, If my memory is correct, the bluebirds have had a steady dose of big time schools on there plates in the recent past.

5th in the state of Ohio, Division 1. But hey hey ole Dale coached at Withrow......... and they have such a wonderful band to apease the people of Ft. Thomas! The cakes got lucky and beat a down St.Xaiver last year at home. Before that they were just bridesmaids to the Cincinnati schools of the world.

5th in the state of Ohio, Division 1. But hey hey ole Dale coached at Withrow......... and they have such a wonderful band to apease the people of Ft. Thomas! The cakes got lucky and beat a down St.Xaiver last year at home. Before that they were just bridesmaids to the Cincinnati schools of the world.

What as the score of the Middletown game again? LOL

Yea, I really do like that band!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::lol: