Highlands/Simon Kenton 2011

tdyballgame

Funny how the dirty birds are trying to push a matchup now, typical Ft. Thomas. Heres one, find a D-1 power in Cincy who you feel is gonna be down and schedule them. Would have love to see the matchup with the Middies this year instead of an 0-3 Withrow who should have beat ya at home. Karma definately will always catch arrogance

Didn't Withrow just blast Holmes? And isn't Simon Kenton scheduled to play Scott this Friday? Stop throwing up straw man arguments and just put Highlands on the schedule. Everyone is remaking their schedules right now so it is the perfect opportunity.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how the dirty birds are trying to push a matchup now, typical Ft. Thomas. Heres one, find a D-1 power in Cincy who you feel is gonna be down and schedule them. Would have love to see the matchup with the Middies this year instead of an 0-3 Withrow who should have beat ya at home. Karma definately will always catch arrogance

Funny how SK fans talk so big after 2 years of winning nothing.

As to the underlined part, I guess ST X was down last year?

Funny how SK fans talk so big after 2 years of winning nothing.

As to the underlined part, I guess ST X was down last year?

They were.

No question SK and Highlands should play. Man the Highlands folks are quick to jump on that one. Not a peep about the Birds scheduling one of the two Louisville powers. I always find that interesting.

They were.

No question SK and Highlands should play. Man the Highlands folks are quick to jump on that one. Not a peep about the Birds scheduling one of the two Louisville powers. I always find that interesting.

ST X was down but still handled the Louisville powers rather easily. C'mon History, give it a rest.

The thread is about SK/Highlands, not Highlands/Louisville Wonder Twins.

They were.

Since when is winning the GCL and being ranked in the top 25 in the country considered down?

History, what did your teams schedule look like last year?

They were.

Sorry we cant make you happy History. The Highlands folks are trying to take care of one loud mouth at a time. LOL.

Might have been nice but remember Highlands was in the second year of it's two year contract with these schools. Nice try.

I would hope after SK's refusal to compete in 2011 that Highlands drops them from their 7 on 7 competition. I'm sorry but there is more than 1 open date that both teams share. Logistically this is a no brainer.

I hope they drop them as well. Why let SK have their Cake and eat it too? LOL. Dale has a knack for not forgetting. All Dale wants is to fill his schedule with decent NKY opponents who claim to be the best. Well, at Highlands, the theme is to be the best one must beat the best and I think he gets real frustrated when his boys dont get to play the best. LOL. Go Birds 20n10

Post #43 agrees with your advice 100%. This Bulldog guy seems like a fair person, just cant believe he would rip the Birds and Dale and then run and hide behind his microphone. Ratings baby I guess, perhaps he did this because he too is dissappointed that SK coach wont step up and play the Birds. He even said it to me the other day on the radio. "Maybe the coach doesnt want anything to do with Highlands but the boys of SK believe they can beat the Birds, these SK seniors beat Highlands for the Frosh championship 3 yrs ago and they would probally beat them now". "SK has something special here, it only comes around ever so often, dont take that away from them". Define special? I dont get it. Sorry folks, dont take this the wrong way, but that is a silly statement.

They were.

Have you taken my challenge to call Dale or Bob and see if Highlands did indeed discuss playing Trinity in 09 and 08? Surely with your contacts and relationship with coaches they'd take your call and talk to you. Then again, it may be more rewarding for you to constantly insinuate that Highlands is ducking Trinity. Which frankly says more about you than it does any thing else. Now that's interesting.

I do not think HHS "ducks" anyone per se, but they are not dummies when it comes to scheduling. If they win state this year they will have a hefty winning streak on their hands and, all other thinkgs being equal, would like to preserve that. Thus there are a few teams out there that they would rather not schedule, mostly in Cincinnati and Louisville. And there is not a coach out there that would not schedule in the same manner. HHS did not just fall off the turnip truck. I think they've earned the right to be selective in their scheduling. And as a footnote, they know that if you have too many cupcakes you will not be ready for the playoffs. They know what they are doing and if it doesn't suit SK or anyone else then oh well.

Have you taken my challenge to call Dale or Bob and see if Highlands did indeed discuss playing Trinity in 09 and 08? Surely with your contacts and relationship with coaches they'd take your call and talk to you. Then again, it may be more rewarding for you to constantly insinuate that Highlands is ducking Trinity. Which frankly says more about you than it does any thing else. Now that's interesting.

It is not my job to challenge the coaches, although you would like to make it that. I don't care about the past as it is gone. With realignment, better scheduling needs to be forced. You sit next to the AD at St. X a few times a year, why don't you broker the deal, or do you have no interest in seeing "the best teams" match up? Maybe it is just easier to pontificate from on high, and proclaim the greatness of one team while not seeing the obvious that Highlands and Trinity have only played twice ever, while BOTH teams say they are the best in the state.

As to this thread, I have alreaady said SK should play Highlands and if they are ducking the Bluebirds, then that is a shame on SK. Maybe before the BOC approved SK's request to play in a 6A Northern Kentucky district with realignment, they could have also stipulated that the Pioneers schedule Highlands, as surely the BOC, and you in particular know the difficulty Highlands has in scheduling quality opponents.

Bottom line on the Highlands ducking issue, everyone please just look at their schedule over the last two years. Cincinnati St. X, Louisville 6A schools Manual and Eastern and Ryle two times each of the last two years. Boyle County is on the schedule for next year. Not to mention scrimmages and freshman and JV games with Trinity and Louisville St. X. I have no doubt Highlands would welcome games with every school mentioned in this thread. Highlands is not ducking anyone. It is going to be very interesting to match up 2011 schedules of proposed opponents against Highlands 2011 schedule.