Track the Reds (2nd Half, Week 12)

LRCW

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's going to be tough for the Reds to overtake the Giants for the 2nd best record in the NL since they basically have a 2 game lead over the Reds with only 5 games left. I'm more than ok with that though, because to be honest with you after thinking more and more about it, I would rather play the Phillies the 1st round, than for the Reds to have to go out west, and open up in San Francisco. I know the Reds would be facing Halliday, Hamels and Oswalt, but facing Lincecum, and Cain in San Francisco would be just as hard, if not harder.

What? Who's the third pitcher that's taking the hill better than the 3rd pitcher for Philly? Who's better than Utley, Howard, Werth, and Polanco? Lets not get crazy and hope to play Philly first. The obvious best case is Philly and SF battle while the Reds tangle with Atlanta. I don't mind sitting guys, but I really hope their goal wasn't seeing Philly Wednesday.

What? Who's the third pitcher that's taking the hill better than the 3rd pitcher for Philly? Who's better than Utley, Howard, Werth, and Polanco? Lets not get crazy and hope to play Philly first. The obvious best case is Philly and SF battle while the Reds tangle with Atlanta. I don't mind sitting guys, but I really hope their goal wasn't seeing Philly Wednesday.

Sanchez can be dominate when he's on. I think we've all seen how the Reds perform out west. The Phillies are obviously going to be a huge order, but I still think the Reds have a better chance of splitting in Philly than they do in San Francisco. The Reds were already down 2 games to the Giants going into tonight's game. I didn't see them catching them in 5 games, especially when the Giants still had 2 games left against the D'Backs. You might as well rest your starters.

Sanchez can be dominate when he's on. I think we've all seen how the Reds perform out west. The Phillies are obviously going to be a huge order, but I still think the Reds have a better chance of splitting in Philly than they do in San Francisco. The Reds were already down 2 games to the Giants going into tonight's game. I didn't see them catching them in 5 games, especially when the Giants still had 2 games left against the D'Backs. You might as well rest your starters.

I don't mind resting starters. I just really think its crazy to rather go to Philly than SF.

Wish I knew how to get pictures up. Great time tonight with my parents and 3 almost 4 year old son. We've had these tickets for awhile and it was his 1st game. He could care less who was sitting out because he is so jacked up on sugar lol. He had a blast and it was one of the more sentamental nights of my life. He's crashed here in the hotel room beside me while dad is crashed in the other bed. Son got a foul ball and on T.V. Not bad for a 1st game.

I was afraid everybody would be hungover and sitting guys tonight. I understand it a bit but I really thought they should have tried to lock it down to play the Braves instead of Philly.

Wish I knew how to get pictures up. Great time tonight with my parents and 3 almost 4 year old son. We've had these tickets for awhile and it was his 1st game. He could care less who was sitting out because he is so jacked up on sugar lol. He had a blast and it was one of the more sentamental nights of my life. He's crashed here in the hotel room beside me while dad is crashed in the other bed. Son got a foul ball and on T.V. Not bad for a 1st game.

I was afraid everybody would be hungover and sitting guys tonight. I understand it a bit but I really thought they should have tried to lock it down to play the Braves instead of Philly.

Wouldn't have mattered. Even if they had and won, they'd be 2 games behind the Giants with 4 to play...Slim chance either way.