Trigg Co @ Oboro Catholic predictions

wildcatjack

Catholic 27

Trigg 21

Should be a classic. Both teams think the game is very winnable and very losable at the same time. I give Catholic a slight advantage just because they are at home. If the game was at Trigg I would pick Trigg to win. Catholic must play better than they did against Heath. If they have the same deffensive break downs then Catholic might be playin catch up. This will be the best team Catholic has played to this point in the season. I cant wait for kickoff.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic is to much for Trigg because of many of the points mentioned above. Catholic won last year with much less. These kids have had so much experience as someone mentioned in the last 2 years. Catholic is better this year at the line than last year and much more versatile in scoring. Woodward scrambles, Bernard never did. Woodward completion % is Higher. Catholic is way more balanced run/pass.

I saw Trigg play at FC and both teams seemed to try and give the game away in the end. Trigg can not throw the ball and I would dare them against the DBs of OC who have probably 20+ interceptions.

Catholic 35

Trigg 21

Catholic is to much for Trigg because of many of the points mentioned above. Catholic won last year with much less. These kids have had so much experience as someone mentioned in the last 2 years. Catholic is better this year at the line than last year and much more versatile in scoring. Woodward scrambles, Bernard never did. Woodward completion % is Higher. Catholic is way more balanced run/pass.
But ... Owensboro Catholic also had a Division I quarterback running the offense and some tough, hardnosed receivers. It isn't like the Aces were lacking in talent.

I don't think Trigg is quite as good as last year ... Owensboro Catholic 26, Trigg County 21.

I don't see this one being a high scoring one. Somewhere in the 14-7, 21-14 range.

That is what I can't figure out. I picked a rather high scoring game but I am not sure if it will be that way. Both of these teams seem to have very potent offenses but they also seem to have capable defenses. Either way, high or low scoring, it will be a close game.

1)What "nonconference" games have they struggled in? They are averaging over 400 yds of total offense a game.

2)I agree that district 2 is weak, however, I would have to say that district 1 is just as weak. I disagree with your line of thinking concerning the opposing districts -- If Catholic and Trigg/Ft. Campbell were to have switched districts this year the outcomes/records would be the same -- domination (Hart Co./Todd Co./Bulter Co. is to Catholic as is Muhl South/Heath/Lone Oak is to Ft.Campbell/Trigg). Do you see my point? Catholic would have steam rolled everybody in District 1 just as easily as Ft.Campbell/Trigg would have steam rolled everyone in District 2.

3)Catholic has been challenged. You are sort of correct in stating that it hasn't been in a while. It can't be argued that Catholic plays a weak schedule. They play 3 4A teams and an Indiana 2A team that is always a state contender and one of the best 2A teams in Indiana. As you stated, District 2 is weak; however, it has been this way for a long time. Usually, Catholic and Glasgow battle it out. This year Glasgow is not very good. With the exception of Glasgow, this year is no different than any other recent year that Catholic has gone into the playoffs (and they beat Trigg and Ft. Campbell in the last 3 years).

I think Catholic is seasoned. Important note to ponder: This is a veteran ball team where most of players have played almost 1 extra season than most teams play (they played 4 extra games in 2003 and 5 extra games in 2004). This is a notable advantage.

On point 1, it doesn't take a dominating line when you pass the ball 25-35 times a game and 400 yds a game is good, but, alot of that comes via big plays and not lining down and dominating in the trenches..My reference to struggling was Owensboro Sr and only 7 pts, however, wasnt aware of the 9 turnovers, but, also, Apollo wasn't exactly dominated..

On point 2, I disagree, with exception to OC, there isn't anyone else very good, in District 1, Caldwell, Heath,Lone Oak and Webster offer more competition than a Monroe or Glasgow does...

On point 3, South Spencer isn't always a state contender..They've had better years, yes, but, this year, got put out in 2nd round of playoffs by +20 pts, finished 8-4 and never made a top 10 appearance in 2a, so, a 28-20 win, although not bad, also, isn't that good...

On point 4, by this time of the season, everyone has 11 games under there belt and for the most part, the starters on all these teams got significant playing time last year and possibly the year before, so, a couple or 3 extra games shouldn't really matter..

I am not familar with Triggs pass defense, however if they are just a little weak, Like most high school teams . Then I do think Catholic's passing game could be a big factor. I do remeber last year's game , most people thought Trigg would be the winner. When Trigg screwed up the center on the punt that's when Catholic felt like they could win it. By the way I'm closely related to the young man who played heads up football and recovered [the over the punter's head center] in the endzone!!!!!!!

On point 1, it doesn't take a dominating line when you pass the ball 25-35 times a game and 400 yds a game is good, but, alot of that comes via big plays and not lining down and dominating in the trenches..My reference to struggling was Owensboro Sr and only 7 pts, however, wasnt aware of the 9 turnovers, but, also, Apollo wasn't exactly dominated..

On point 2, I disagree, with exception to OC, there isn't anyone else very good, in District 1, Caldwell, Heath,Lone Oak and Webster offer more competition than a Monroe or Glasgow does...

On point 3, South Spencer isn't always a state contender..They've had better years, yes, but, this year, got put out in 2nd round of playoffs by +20 pts, finished 8-4 and never made a top 10 appearance in 2a, so, a 28-20 win, although not bad, also, isn't that good...

On point 4, by this time of the season, everyone has 11 games under there belt and for the most part, the starters on all these teams got significant playing time last year and possibly the year before, so, a couple or 3 extra games shouldn't really matter..

Your points are well taken, but I would have to disagree in a few areas.

You never know exactly what is going to happen until the ball is kicked off. I think that's been what has been most exciting about the games between Catholic and Trigg the last 2 years. As an Owensboro area fan, I know that the players and coaches have a deep respect for Trigg County. I can assure you they know they are in for a very tough game. I don't think any team will do much "destroying" (as one poster stated). It's going to be close.