Trigg Co @ Oboro Catholic predictions

wildcatjack

I think alot of people have been looking forward to this game..OC comes in at an impressive 10-1 with its only loss at the hands of crosstown rival 4a Owensboro Sr, while TC comes in at 9-2 with its only 2 blemishes to 2 #1 ranked teams, BGreen and Ft Campbell and really the only serious challenge to the Falcons all year..OC was ranked #2 in the final BGP 2a poll while TC ended at #5 and both teams were impressive in there round 1 games..Should be one heck of a game...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Trigg County gets them this year. Hopefully, Higgins can gameplan well enough to stop the air attack of the Aces this time around. Trigg needs big games from Taylor McGee and Jeff Adams upfront and Devin Tejada and the rest of the DBs need to play exceptional to get the "W." Tejada will still remember the times he was beaten deep or beaten trying to go for the interception the last two years. He'll play better defense this year. I really want to see a Trigg/Ft. Campbell rematch in the regional title game.

I think that Trigg County gets them this year. Hopefully, Higgins can gameplan well enough to stop the air attack of the Aces this time around. Trigg needs big games from Taylor McGee and Jeff Adams upfront and Devin Tejada and the rest of the DBs need to play exceptional to get the "W." Tejada will still remember the times he was beaten deep or beaten trying to go for the interception the last two years. He'll play better defense this year. I really want to see a Trigg/Ft. Campbell rematch in the regional title game.

Problem for Trigg this year is they have another HUGE worry. Not only do we still have the "Air Attack" we have one heck of a "ground attack" this year too. Ijames and Kamuf will give them fits on the ground if Trigg's D isn't prepared.

I do think this will be tighter on the scoreboard than our previous meetings.

Stopping the run against Catholic won't be the main problem for Trigg. They have stopped the run all year. They'll have problems with Catholic's passing game. This is the year, though. I believe Trigg wins this one...31-21

Stopping the run against Catholic won't be the main problem for Trigg. They have stopped the run all year. They'll have problems with Catholic's passing game. This is the year, though. I believe Trigg wins this one...31-21

The key will be if your D-line can handle our hogs up front. They have been excellent all year.

Overall as a team I believe the Aces are much better than last year....

Trigg is a good team as well as Catholic. It would be nice for Fort Campbell to go for their second win over Trigg, but Fort Campbell has some "unfinished business" with Catholic. Trigg is very well at stopping the run, but I have to agree with UKJACK that Catholics passing game is going to stirr up some trouble for the wildcats dfense. My predictions for the score is Catholic winning 34-28.

I don't think I can make a prediction yet because I see this game being so close. I think if anybody sees this game being won by more than a TD either way needs to rethink it. These teams seem to evenly matched on paper.

Is #2 Owensboro's Catholic's grind it out back? Last year, I think Ocath had like ZERO yards rushing in the final. Unless they have improved markedly, I don't see them running on a solid defense.

Now passing, they can certainly do that!

Catholic certainly has the ability to grind it out this year. The o-line has been absolutely dominant and allowed Catholic to have success doing whatever they wanted. That might be the biggest differance from last year. We can control the clock now if we need to but we also have the ability score in one play with the bomb.

This game will come down to the same thing it has the last two years -- the big play.

Last year, OCath scored on the botched punt in the first quarter and the 61-yard pass to Wright that gave them the lead for good.

Two years ago it was the big pass to Lanham and the option to Riney that went for 50+ yards.

Last year, OCath didn't run on Trigg (81 yards on 25 carries) and Trigg's run defense appears improved this year.

The game will come down to big plays and turnovers. If OCath breaks open some plays and creates turnovers, they will win for a third straight year.

If Trigg doesn't give up the big play and doesn't turn the football over -- playing like they did against Fort Campbell in other words -- Trigg will come away from Rash Stadium with the win.

Either way, it will be the best 2A game in the state this week.