Trigg Co @ Oboro Catholic predictions

wildcatjack

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that has been impressive is Catholic's red zone D. I have seen a few teams this year break the big run but can't covert it into points in the red zone.

Over the years Trigg has trouble scoring in the Red Zone against Catholic, especially 1st and goal on the 1. Oh and the infamous QB sneak, the kid never should of turned his back to the Goaline. Remember, the ball has to cross the plane of the goaline not the QB's head.

I know Catholic lost Bernard , Wright, and the other WR. Who are the other 12 or so they lost from that team

If I remember right they lost 11 starters total. Some others are the Young twins, Blandford, Boarman...

Trigg has recent history of brain freeze during big games, hopefully they have gotten that out of their system and can step up and win a big one. This was something the Aces struggled with a little during Mojo's regime. But the Ace's now are confident bunch.

OC - 28

TC - 27

2 OT

I stand corrected.. Ft.Campbell played Catholic in 2003. When was the last time Trigg/Ft.Campbell won a region championship? That is a long drought for two football tradition programs. Glasgow went to the Championship in 1999 and in 2000 so it had to be before 1999.

Noone ever claimed Trigg or Ft campbell as the standard setter for all of rgn 1 either...

I stand corrected.. Ft.Campbell played Catholic in 2003. When was the last time Trigg/Ft.Campbell won a region championship? That is a long drought for two football tradition programs. Glasgow went to the Championship in 1999 and in 2000 so it had to be before 1999.

The last time Ft. Campbell won a region championship was in 1995. Lost to Franklin-Simpson in state semi's. Finished 12-2.

Ah come on wildcatjack we all know that deep down inside you are a true Owensboro Catholic fan and that you bleed GREEN! :D:D

Actually, i have alot of respect for there program and recent success..Hey, I'm a Western Ky fan..I'd like to see 'em win it when they get there, but, at the same time, I'm gonna root against 'em if there playing a district 1 team..

Call me a homer, I guess :sssh:

I'll be the 1st to admit that OCs offense is about as good as anyones in Rgn 1. The problem I've had in the past, is there defense stopping other teams. If they ever put the 2 together on 1 team, look out :thumb:

Actually, i have alot of respect for there program and recent success..Hey, I'm a Western Ky fan..I'd like to see 'em win it when they get there, but, at the same time, I'm gonna root against 'em if there playing a district 1 team..

Call me a homer, I guess :sssh:

I'll be the 1st to admit that OCs offense is about as good as anyones in Rgn 1. The problem I've had in the past, is there defense stopping other teams. If they ever put the 2 together on 1 team, look out :thumb:

How can you say that. Then I guess Trigg and Ft.Campbell and Glasgow's Defense has not been good in the last three years. I think Catholic had the best D in AA in 2003. Their Offense in the E-town game turned it over too much and gave a team like E-town too many opportunities and they gave up 28 points, which was the most they gave up that year. Trigg has NEVER had any success offensively against Catholic and neither has Ft.Campbell in the last three years. In the last two meetings Ft.Campbell has only been able to muster a whoping 7pts a game against Catholic. Trigg on the other hand did score 14 last year. In 2003 they scored 7. Coach Edge use to be the D coordinator and I know he had some players that could play. The thing I remember was getting to the ball.

So to say their D in the past have not been good is a silly comment. I guess when Catholic wins that means the other teams D is just not that good either. I just don't see how anyone says that every year. If Catholic had the talent that those teams had then you could mail the trophy to Catholic High every year.