Trigg Co @ Oboro Catholic predictions

wildcatjack

I watched Trigg play Bowling Green way back at the start of the season and remember them moving the ball on the Purples without their big lineman Adams, who didn't play much. They only scored seven points but threw for over 200 yards on the Purples. Trigg can score, unlike the teams that went up to Owensboro in the past. I'll take the Wildcats 21-14.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really put alot of stock in OCs dominating offensive line..They struggled in nonconference games and the district 2 2a is very weak this year..I think Trigg or FT Campbell would have easily dominated those opponents in the trenches, as well..Its been awhile since OCatholics been challenged and this could hurt them in this game..

This game will come down to the same thing it has the last two years -- the big play.

Last year, OCath scored on the botched punt in the first quarter and the 61-yard pass to Wright that gave them the lead for good.

Two years ago it was the big pass to Lanham and the option to Riney that went for 50+ yards.

Last year, OCath didn't run on Trigg (81 yards on 25 carries) and Trigg's run defense appears improved this year.

The game will come down to big plays and turnovers. If OCath breaks open some plays and creates turnovers, they will win for a third straight year.

If Trigg doesn't give up the big play and doesn't turn the football over -- playing like they did against Fort Campbell in other words -- Trigg will come away from Rash Stadium with the win.

Either way, it will be the best 2A game in the state this week.

Defense wins championships. Catholic's D has had Trigg for years. Last year in the first half they managed 14 points and in the second half they didn't score. Catholic makes good adjustments. The most they have scored on Cath was in 2001 and they got two botched punts against Catholic and Trigg won 22-21 against a mediocre defense. Catholic's D is good the key for them is to not give up a big play. In 2003 7 points and in 2004 14pts. Catholic's D has scored in both games. This is a better D than last year, way better.

As far as Catholic running the ball, CAtholic can do anything they want as long as they protect Woodward. This is the one of the best lines Catholic has had they were all Fresh, Sophs and Jrs. last year. They are more seasoned and get in your face.

I can't really put alot of stock in OCs dominating offensive line..They struggled in nonconference games and the district 2 2a is very weak this year..I think Trigg or FT Campbell would have easily dominated those opponents in the trenches, as well..Its been awhile since OCatholics been challenged and this could hurt them in this game..

Who did they struggle against? The worst output they had was 7 pts. against OHS and had 376 yards against them and 9 turnovers, the worst game Catholic played is out of them, Look for a long night for the Trigg Co DB's. Catholic averages 420 yards a game.

The most they have scored on Cath was in 2001 and they got two botched punts against Catholic and Trigg won 22-21 against a mediocre defense.

It was 21-14 that year.

Catholic's D is good the key for them is to not give up a big play.

That's what I said. Whoever gives up the big play will lose.

1)What "nonconference" games have they struggled in? They are averaging over 400 yds of total offense a game.

2)I agree that district 2 is weak, however, I would have to say that district 1 is just as weak. I disagree with your line of thinking concerning the opposing districts -- If Catholic and Trigg/Ft. Campbell were to have switched districts this year the outcomes/records would be the same -- domination (Hart Co./Todd Co./Bulter Co. is to Catholic as is Muhl South/Heath/Lone Oak is to Ft.Campbell/Trigg). Do you see my point? Catholic would have steam rolled everybody in District 1 just as easily as Ft.Campbell/Trigg would have steam rolled everyone in District 2.

3)Catholic has been challenged. You are sort of correct in stating that it hasn't been in a while. It can't be argued that Catholic plays a weak schedule. They play 3 4A teams and an Indiana 2A team that is always a state contender and one of the best 2A teams in Indiana. As you stated, District 2 is weak; however, it has been this way for a long time. Usually, Catholic and Glasgow battle it out. This year Glasgow is not very good. With the exception of Glasgow, this year is no different than any other recent year that Catholic has gone into the playoffs (and they beat Trigg and Ft. Campbell in the last 3 years).

I think Catholic is seasoned. Important note to ponder: This is a veteran ball team where most of players have played almost 1 extra season than most teams play (they played 4 extra games in 2003 and 5 extra games in 2004). This is a notable advantage.

I still can't figure out where the catholic o-line has struggled. They have been the one constant that has been good every game. No matter who else has struggled on this team the o-line has come to play every game.

Totally agree....

They have been key to Woody's success.