Big Brother 12

UKMustangFan

Your odds are broken. She was up there like 5 times, so there were plenty of chances to eliminate her...

Yeah, I get that. And I fully agree it's sad that the rest of the HGs couldn't answer before her, but out of all the HoH comps they do, that one was the one that would give B&R the best chance to win. It's either a huge coincidence it happens the week before the jury house, or strategic planning on CBS's part. I'm thinking the latter.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I get that. And I fully agree it's sad that the rest of the HGs couldn't answer before her, but out of all the HoH comps they do, that one was the one that would give B&R the best chance to win. It's either a huge coincidence it happens the week before the jury house, or strategic planning on CBS's part. I'm thinking the latter.

I think its pretty fishy that some of the Houseguests could pretty much predict what type of competition was coming up. If Brendan and Rachel are not in the house, CBS thinks the ratings won't be there so they've gotta do whatever they can to give them the best chance to stay in. Like you said, its just the timing of it all thats fishy.

I think you guys are finding stuff where there isn't any because you don't like them. Like GT said, these types of competitions are there every single year. You know at some point you're going to need to do something like recall what day # an event happened, how many of something is there, features of the house, competition winners, etc.

Was CBS behind Matt the Moron botching it by putting neither up, therefore giving them both a chance to stay last week?

I think you guys are finding stuff where there isn't any because you don't like them. Like GT said, these types of competitions are there every single year. You know at some point you're going to need to do something like recall what day # an event happened, how many of something is there, features of the house, competition winners, etc.

Was CBS behind Matt the Moron botching it by putting neither up, therefore giving them both a chance to stay last week?

Yeah I don't like Brendan and Rachel but I agree that they're great for ratings because people hate them. When there are rules that people aren't allowed to talk about their diary room sessions with other houseguests, it makes people wonder abouut whats going on. Its just the timing of things that makes it seem fishy.

It happens every season. Last year, they were unhappy with the way it was going, so they introduced the Coup De'ta or whatever it was.

They also stretch the rules for contestants they feel are good for the show. Enzo was a have-not the past two weeks, the first of which he ate as much food as the haves. That's supposed to be a penalty nomination, but it didn't happen.

Matt's wife wrote in her letter about being taken care of, trying to play up his lie about her illness. That's explicitly against BB rules. They let it go.

They realize what makes for good TV and they try to sway people to keeping certain people.

Any chance Matt and Rachel are related or know each other? This is the worst cast they've ever had IMO. I say it every year but this one is bad. Still love the show and it's better w Showtime which I don't have this year.

It happens every season. Last year, they were unhappy with the way it was going, so they introduced the Coup De'ta or whatever it was.

They also stretch the rules for contestants they feel are good for the show. Enzo was a have-not the past two weeks, the first of which he ate as much food as the haves. That's supposed to be a penalty nomination, but it didn't happen.

Matt's wife wrote in her letter about being taken care of, trying to play up his lie about her illness. That's explicitly against BB rules. They let it go.

They realize what makes for good TV and they try to sway people to keeping certain people.

The coup d'etat is a terrible example. That was blatant. You guys are talking about a situation where they still had to go out and win the competition, and that one of the two of them was going to be eliminated after the second round since they'd obviously be forced to face each other. The coup d'etat was an America's Vote which they of course gave to their favorite player. Heck, that was so riggable that they could have simply said Jeff won it without even really winning the vote (which I'm sure he did anyway). They essentially installed an HOH with that, negating the previous nominations, and giving the people they really wanted out no chance to defend themselves. There was absolutely nothing anyone could have done to stop that.

I agree that they stretch the rules where they can for good TV. You could even sell me on the notion that they might've known it was coming. Doesn't change the fact that Rachel had to go up there 5 times since they threw her in every other one, four of which came after her partner Brendan was eliminated. They couldn't have rigged that unless they told her the answers to every single question.

The coup d'etat is a terrible example. That was blatant. You guys are talking about a situation where they still had to go out and win the competition, and that one of the two of them was going to be eliminated after the second round since they'd obviously be forced to face each other. The coup d'etat was an America's Vote which they of course gave to their favorite player. Heck, that was so riggable that they could have simply said Jeff won it without even really winning the vote (which I'm sure he did anyway). They essentially installed an HOH with that, negating the previous nominations, and giving the people they really wanted out no chance to defend themselves. There was absolutely nothing anyone could have done to stop that.

I agree that they stretch the rules where they can for good TV. You could even sell me on the notion that they might've known it was coming. Doesn't change the fact that Rachel had to go up there 5 times since they threw her in every other one, four of which came after her partner Brendan was eliminated. They couldn't have rigged that unless they told her the answers to every single question.

I'm not necessarily saying they rigged it for Rachel or Brendon to win, I think they had that specific game this week because Rachel pretty much knew it was going to happen because it happened in past competitions before close to that same time frame. Switch it up from time to time....that comp would be great for further down the line when more competitions were to played thus making people have to remember more stuff.

Yes Rachel had to go up that many times to win but from watching the live feeds and hearing how many people were thinking it out loud about that specific competition coming up, it makes me wonder that CBS knew it would be the best in order to give the two of them the chance to stay in the game.

I like Brendan & Rachel. They're smart, they work with each other and their only real alliance is to each other. They're really strong competitors. The animosity toward them is jealousy. Everyone needs to watch out for Lane, IMO. He's been really low key but I think he's the most dangerous of the Brigade alliance.

I like Brendan & Rachel. They're smart, they work with each other and their only real alliance is to each other. They're really strong competitors. The animosity toward them is jealousy. Everyone needs to watch out for Lane, IMO. He's been really low key but I think he's the most dangerous of the Brigade alliance.

I agree with you on all points except the jealousy part. If you were to watch the live feeds and see how Rachel and Brendon act and how they legitimately think they're better than everyone else will cause you to dislike them. Yeah they're smart and yeah they've competed hard and yeah in the house you have to lie here and there, but to make the allegations they make is just sickening. Brendon better win the HoH next week or one of them will go home...there's not a person in the house that won't put them up together next week.

Definitely gotta love the editing for the show...the scene where Rachel and Britney are in the bathtub together was when Matt was HoH and I think it took place last Tuesday...not sure of the exact day but it was well before Rachel was HoH...I know this cause I watched the entire thing on the live feeds...anytime Britney is in a bathing suit and in a bubblebath, I'm there!...lol.

I do however like how the editing showed Rachel was a total liar to America cause of how Kristin said she wasn't sure of who she'd put up...I can understand the paranoia from Rachel but enough is enough...I don't know who is a bigger DB....Rachel or Brendon.

I find it pretty remarkable that no one has found out about the Brigade yet. Those 4 should waltz right into the final 4 as long as Brendon doesn't win HoH this coming week.

It was pretty funny yesterday when Enzo and Lane were talking about how the evictions were going to go from here on out....Kristen, Brendon, Rachel, Ragan, Kathy, Brittany....Those guys are hiliarious. :lol:

I find it pretty remarkable that no one has found out about the Brigade yet. Those 4 should waltz right into the final 4 as long as Brendon doesn't win HoH this coming week.

I agree, they should. IF they quit making bonehead moves.

The Brigade is one of the strongest secret alliances I can remember seeing, in that 4 guys have managed to work together undetected for some time. They have however failed to achieve anything other than to protect each other past Week 1. Matt's failure was one of the most spectacular failures I can remember seeing. He got so focused on wanting specifically Brendan out and wanting to stop them from playing for the Veto that he never paused to consider that he gave them a chance to both stay. So in protecting each other, so far they've been aces at that. Not so much at getting their true targets out.