Anyone else been on a cruise before?

TrueBlueWildcat

Depends on your style of travel and idea of a vacation. If you like to hang out by a pool/beach everyday for a week with a drink in your hand, an all-inclusive may be the ticket. If you want to get out and explore and learn a bit about the culture and people of the place you're visiting, a cruise might be a better bet.

Bingo. I've done both. Last year, our family embarked on a 14 day cruise through the Baltic and North Seas with stops in Germany (twice), Estonia, Russia (2 days), Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark (twice), the Netherlands, and England. The people we met and cultures we experienced were incredible. The shore excursions were incredible (tour of Anne Frank house, trip to Katherine the Great's palace in

St. Petersburg, tours of Berlin, Tallinn, Helsinki, Stockholm, etc. etc. etc). For me it isn't even close. I prefer the cruises. In 08, we took a Caribbean cruise and enjoyed zip-lining in Roatan, Rainforest hike in Belize, tours of Mayan ruins in Mexico, and snorkeling in various locations. Other than the nude bathing/beach areas contained within some of the all-inclusive (adult) vacation spots, the cruise wins hands down imo. But, that's just me. I love to explore new areas and nothing is more thrilling than waking up in a new country each day and embarking on a new adventure.

I have been on 1 cruise & loved it. As some have alluded to, I didn't like the "schedule" part of the cruise. Granted, it was one of Carnival's cheapest cruises & oldest boats, but we all had a great time. I have my eye on one of those all-inclusive deals though. I think that's the way to go. The cruise was a lot of fun too, though.

I love the cruise and the all-inclusive. The cruise is more affordable for me than an all inclusive but you better believe that if my wife and I had a choice, we'd take all inclusive everyday. Our honeymoon as Sandals Royal Caribbean in Jamaica was our best vacation ever. Not even close. Looking at those pics from up above, may have to try to go to Mexico next time.

I'm with GT, give me all inclusive any day of the week. Nothing better than sitting at the bar of a tiki hut dining on NY strip, some coconut shrimp while watching the MNF opener like I did a few years back. The only bad part was the Raiders were on MNF. I would consider a cruise but I think the bar tab would be a nail in the coffin.

Cruise/All Inclusive - depends on what you are looking for.

I've been on many cruises and find that it is the only vacation I take where I can truly relax. Others are going to places to fish or go to racetracks.

I would be bored to death at an all-inclusive, but love the run of the ship on cruises. I'm not into water activities and don't drink a whole lot, but I do I enjoy fine dining and wandering around different ports-of-call, so I am much better suited for cruises.

Have been to the Southern, Eastern, and Western Carribbean; Canada and New England; Western Mediterranean.

Royal Carribbean, Princess, and Celebrity - Enjoyed them all.

Going on a cruise in October of 2011 that leaves Quebec City, hits all of the usual spots (Halifax, St. John, Bar Harbor, Glouster) and then goes to Fort Lauderdale Florida. We plan on going a few days early and staying at the Fontainbleu (sp) hotel before boarding, and staying in the Miami area for a few more days following disembarkation.

I've been on one cruise and enjoyed it. I have not done the all inclusive yet, but the wife and I are looking seriously at doing a Sandals package in Jamaica (Negril). Has anyone ever done an all inclusive vacation through Sandals and was the resort worth the money?