Anyone else been on a cruise before?

TrueBlueWildcat

Yes, I loved it, but I ate too much. The excursions were cool, the ship was nice, and I ate too much. They get you though with that cruise line card when you have to settle up in the end and did I mention there was a lot of food.

Been on 2...Royal Caribbean(Sovereign of the Seas) to Bahamas in 03'.....Carnival Destiny last October. Already planning a cruise for our son's senior year spring break. My wife and I will be old people still going on cruises after retirement. We plan on becoming cruising experts.

And yes, they get you with that card at the end......:D

it's worth every penny though.

I've been on two Carnival cruises, one in 2002 and another last year. The first one was an eastern Caribbean trip and the other was the western Carribean. Had a great time on both of them.

I'm going to go with GT's comment and try the inclusive resort vacation the next time. My sister has done that twice and loved it.

Not even in the same league as going to an all inclusive resort...

Gotta agree with GT on this one. One price, everything included (flight, room, food and alcohol).

I've never been on a cruise, I've considered it several times and I'm sure I'll eventually go, but I've never been able to pull the trigger.

I have been on a few all inclusive vacations and they were awesome. If I have the money, I doubt I'll vacation any other way until I have kids.

I see only one advantage to a cruise...seeing several destinations on one trip. My love of alcohol (free on all inclusive trips) greatly outweighs this one advantage.

Plus, you don't get these ridiculous pools on a cruise ship:

RIU Palace, Riviera Maya, Mexico

P8020235.jpg

P8020233.jpg

P8020232.jpg

P8020230.jpg

If anyone ever gets the chance, I highly recommend visiting the Riviera Maya in Mexico.

Not even in the same league as going to an all inclusive resort...

Depends on your style of travel and idea of a vacation. If you like to hang out by a pool/beach everyday for a week with a drink in your hand, an all-inclusive may be the ticket. If you want to get out and explore and learn a bit about the culture and people of the place you're visiting, a cruise might be a better bet.

Depends on your style of travel and idea of a vacation. If you like to hang out by a pool/beach everyday for a week with a drink in your hand, an all-inclusive may be the ticket. If you want to get out and explore and learn a bit about the culture and people of the place you're visiting, a cruise might be a better bet.

You aren't anchored to the resort at an all inclusive. You just know the flight, transport, hotel, food and drink price is set. We have done a lot outside the resort the times we have gone this route, and it was always a lot less expensive than the cruise trips. Plus you work on your own schedule, and not working around when you are required to be on the boat. If you HAVE to visit 5 islands on vacation, then I get it. Just not what we have enjoyedn...

You aren't anchored to the resort at an all inclusive. You just know the flight, transport, hotel, food and drink price is set. We have done a lot outside the resort the times we have gone this route, and it was always a lot less expensive than the cruise trips. Plus you work on your own schedule, and not working around when you are required to be on the boat. If you HAVE to visit 5 islands on vacation, then I get it. Just not what we have enjoyedn...

That's cool, I just know far too many people who don't leave the resort the entire time they're there. Which is fine, since you already paid for it all, but it could have been done for a heck of a lot less than a all-inclusive. Personally, I'm not a fan of either cruises or all-inclusives. I prefer to just hop a flight and make plans as I go.