Track the Reds (Week 10)

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

Some things never change....The armchair managers are out in full force at first chance once again...

I'm don't blame Dusty for everything, but everyone in the ballpark knew that Herrera was going to blow that lead, the little guy included.

Herrera & Ondrusek have no business being on the roster. If you want to talk about wasting roster space, those are the guys you should mention. It's time to send Fred & Ted down to Louisville.

Arthur Rhodes or Nick Masset should have been in the game. Not Herrera. Masset has really struggled, but he is at least capable of getting people out. At this point, Herrera can't get anyone out.

In the grand scheme of this things this game doesn't mean a whole lot. The Dodgers are whooping the Cards. I think the Reds are going to have a hard time with Cain tomorrow (especially with Lecure going for us), so the last 2 games of the SF series & the weekend series against KC are going to be big games.

Was at the game tonight. Only 18,400ish. Pretty good atmosphere though.

Arthur Rhodes or Nick Masset should have been in the game. Not Herrera. Masset has really struggled, but he is at least capable of getting people out. At this point, Herrera can't get anyone out.

In the grand scheme of this things this game doesn't mean a whole lot. The Dodgers are whooping the Cards. I think the Reds are going to have a hard time with Cain tomorrow (especially with Lecure going for us), so the last 2 games of the SF series & the weekend series against KC are going to be big games.

Was at the game tonight. Only 18,400ish. Pretty good atmosphere though.

At some point someone else besides those 2 will have to get someone out.

The Brewers have released Suppan. Didn't Suppan play for Jocketty in St. Louis?

I wouldn't mind adding him to the bullpen. He's also a guy who could eat up some innings later in the season if things work out.

Sign Suppan. Call up Burton. Activate Bailey & move Lecure to the 'pen. Send Ondrusek & Herrera to AAA.

I turned the telecast off in disgust in the 8th. Was Massett not available tonight? He seems like big strapping lad that can go out there pretty often. What did noodlehead say about not going with Rhodes in the 7th? As CC said, toothpick hurt us again in this one. Tough way to start the homestand.

It looks like Rhodes is in a lot of pain. I have him on my fantasy team & read where his foot had been hurting him, but it sounds pretty bad...

By the time Automatic Arthur Rhodes arrived for a scoreless two-thirds of an inning of relief, it was too late. Baker said he was trying to not use Rhodes, but finally did.

“I don’t want to kill Arthur Rhodes. He’s in quite a bit of pain,” Baker said.

Rhodes extended his major league-leading scoreless streak to 22 2/3 innings but clearly was favoring a sore right foot, which Rhodes said has bothered him for weeks.

Rhodes, 40, said the pain is something he must endure. Rhodes said he is uncertain exactly what his ailment is, but he has been wrapping the foot and receiving daily treatment.

“I don’t what it is, but I’m getting tired of it,” Rhodes said. “It just hurts on certain pitches, but I can fight through it. I’ll be ready tomorrow.”

Said Baker:

“I can’t pitch Arthur every inning. The right side other than (Francisco) Cordero and (Micah) Owings is young and inexperienced.”

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

I turned the telecast off in disgust in the 8th. Was Massett not available tonight? He seems like big strapping lad that can go out there pretty often. What did noodlehead say about not going with Rhodes in the 7th? As CC said, toothpick hurt us again in this one. Tough way to start the homestand.

You really want to run Massett out there the way he's pitching...

:lol:

Be careful what you wish for

This year by no means but you better go back and look at last year's numbers for Herrera.

Herrera's ERA was actually at 2.93 going into last night's game after 5 scoreless appearances. It's now 4.02. He has given up 1 walk and 23 hits in 15 2/3 and batters are hitting .343 against him. Ouch. I think now that after teams have seen him multiple times they are just sitting on pitches knowing he can't put a fastball by you.