Track the Reds (Week 10)

Talk about not putting a lot of stock into what people say.....ERA for a reliever is one of the most meaningless stats that there is. Herrera has been used as a situational pitcher all year, when he doesn't get it done lots of times the other relievers prevent his baserunners from scoring so his ERA doesn't go up. Owings has been used almost exclusively to start and finish innings so he really controls his own fate as far as ERA. Throwing all that out the window here's what was really relevant....Daniel Herrera has allowed hitters to hit at a .343 clip and righthanders to hit .341 against him, so he stinks equally bad no matter what handed batter was coming up. Meanwhile Owings has allowed hitters a .215 average overall and righthanders a .127 average. With 2 righthanders up to lead off the inning who do the numbers say should have been out there? I'd be interested to see you try to support your position except for your opinion that you don't trust Owings....You said in your earlier post that a manager should have confidence in the relievers in his bullpen so shouldn't that be true of Owings? And if that is true shouldn't you go with the better numbers?

Well done, thanks for the numbers. I wish they would consider Lecure for long relief and move Owings to shorter relief, maybe not setup but in Rosario's role possibly.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done, thanks for the numbers. I wish they would consider Lecure for long relief and move Owings to shorter relief, maybe not setup but in Rosario's role possibly.

You're welcome. But don't expect UKMF to acknowledge them. He prefers to go on his opinion, even when faced with a pile of statistics that show it to be incorrect.

A "mal" sighting... I have tried to carry the banner of negativity for you all season and then you go and post something like this. What has come over you? lol

I have always tried to spin my comments as reality as opposed to negativity. I had been a proponent of turning over the roster, which they have. I like the players on this team. I like the aggressive style they play with, and I am enjoying their success. So, if I stick to what I think is reality, with the club, I like them, and barring injury, I feel they have a shot at the playoffs. If not this season then sooner than later. Something that has not been a reality in Cincy in over a decade. Sorry if I have disappointed the masses with this.:D