Track the Reds (Week 10)

They aren't a good team, but in a 3 game series they can jump up and bite you if you make the mistakes the Reds made Friday and Sunday. The pitching has got to find a way to get back on track soon...

All true. In game one, the home team did a lot of little things wrong that allowed that one to get away from them.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It shouldn't drive me as crazy as it does because I know how AWFUL sports fans in this town are to the core but I can't help it...

Just curious. Why do you tab fans here as AWFUL? And to what other city's sports fans are we making the comparison?Personally, I think fans here are pretty tolerant. They have supported two pro franchises that have been sub par for 2 decades.

Just curious. Why do you tab fans here as AWFUL? And to what other city's sports fans are we making the comparison?Personally, I think fans here are pretty tolerant. They have supported two pro franchises that have been sub par for 2 decades.

I agree. What do Cincinnati sports fans do that any other fan base doesn't do? If anything I'd say were extremely tolerable.

They blindly support one pro franchise who has one of the worst owners in all pro sports, but can't simply enjoy a first place team in the other. It's a front running town outside of a brainwashed Bengals base...

They blindly support one pro franchise who has one of the worst owners in all pro sports, but can't simply enjoy a first place team in the other. It's a front running town outside of a brainwashed Bengals base...

Who's not enjoying the first place team? Is pointing out flaws or showing how we think our team can improve not enjoying something? I disagree with you completely. And do you really expect the entire city of Cincinnati to shut down as far as supporting the Bengals simply because of an awful owner? Get real..

Totally agree with the 1st part. I'm not sure about the fans not enjoying the Reds being in 1st place. We don't have a very big sample from which to judge that. I think the Reds are pretty well supported considering how awful they have been. And again from what other cities are making this comparison? I'd say for a fair comp, you'd have to give us an at least two pro franchise city, where neither franchise has won a playoff game in 15 years.

I don't live in other cities so I could care less about comparing it to something else. If you can't even get front running right, you stink as a sports town...

I'm trying to understand the venom here. Do you expect sellots due to the fact the club has enjoyed a few days in 1st place? Honestly I think the Reds are pretty well supported. Another arena that we haven't discussed and it's not really a forum topic, but your Bearcats have been very well rewarded with support in this city. Put a proven winner on the field,and the fans will show. A flash here and there will not get you there.

I'm trying to understand the venom here. Do you expect sellots due to the fact the club has enjoyed a few days in 1st place? Honestly I think the Reds are pretty well supported. Another arena that we haven't discussed and it's not really a forum topic, but your Bearcats have been very well rewarded with support in this city. Put a proven winner on the field,and the fans will show. A flash here and there will not get you there.

But the Bengals have been selling out for years.

So we have proof he has laid down 2 successful bunt attempts in his pro career. One for a sac and one for a hit against the shift. You got me. Let's bunt him as often as possible... :lol:

Wow, take things to the extreme much? Posters making it sound like he was unable to bunt, I made a point that he had bunted before and you come up with that? Classic. I think you should watch the Pirates some to take the edge off.

It's a team that has been battling for 1st place over a span of 6 plus weeks, the stadium is half full unless it's bobble head night and a huge chunk of the fan base want the manager fired. Votto has a bad game or two? Must mean he is having mental problems again stemming from the death of his dad. Yeah. Great fan base. And you don't want to even get me started on UC "fans"...

It's a team that has been battling for 1st place over a span of 6 plus weeks, the stadium is half full unless it's bobble head night and a huge chunk of the fan base want the manager fired. Votto has a bad game or two? Must mean he is having mental problems again stemming from the death of his dad. Yeah. Great fan base. And you don't want to even get me started on UC "fans"...

Hey at least you're a "half full" kind of guy. I really don't know how a huge chunk of the fan base feels. I'm not quite sure how anyone knows that. I certainly wouldn't base that opinion on what I read in chat rooms, or hear on talk radio. That's hardly the base. As far as the Reds and support, we just see it differently. Cincinnati is far from the days when this was a "baseball city". It's just not going to come back due to a pretty good 2.5 months.