Track the Reds (Week 10)

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Rolen gets hurt it's not going to be from fatigue. Scott Rolen tells everybody that will listen that he feels great, that playing on grass has probably saved his career. As for Dusty I think I am giving up on that wish and then if it happens I can celebrate.

Dude, give it a break. You should read your posts. You'll realize how unrealistic some of them are. Rolen won't go to the DL because of fatigue. He'll go to the DL because he's 35 years old & his 35 year old back, knees, & legs can't go for 162 games. They probably can't go for 145 games.

It's almost like some of you want them to lose so you can say "I told you so."

I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts. I was disappointed last year because I thought we were a lot better than we played. After the Reds got Rolen, we were a completely different team. Last year, people disregarded the success saying that the games didn't matter & we were beating teams who had already given up. Just let it go & enjoy 1st place. This is a very young, very talented team who is having fun playing baseball & WINNING. What else could you ask for?

Dreadful? KC has one of the top 5 hitting teams in the Majors. Once Greinke gets run support you will see a different team.

They have a good team batting average. However, they are only 15th in MLB in runs scored. The Royals are not a good team by any stretch of the imagination.

It's almost like some of you want them to lose so you can say "I told you so."

I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts. I was disappointed last year because I thought we were a lot better than we played. After the Reds got Rolen, we were a completely different team. Last year, people disregarded the success saying that the games didn't matter & we were beating teams who had already given up. Just let it go & enjoy 1st place. This is a very young, very talented team who is having fun playing baseball. What else could you ask for?

A bullpen?

They have a good team batting average. However, they are only 15th in MLB in runs scored. The Royals are not a good team by any stretch of the imagination.

No, they're not. But Greinke is tough.

I didn't expect to win today's game. The Reds took care of business last night. Game 1 v. the Royals was the one that got away...Nonetheless, there is plenty of baseball left to be played & we're in 1st place. I'll take it.

They aren't a good team, but in a 3 game series they can jump up and bite you if you make the mistakes the Reds made Friday and Sunday. The pitching has got to find a way to get back on track soon...

They aren't a good team, but in a 3 game series they can jump up and bite you if you make the mistakes the Reds made Friday and Sunday. The pitching has got to find a way to get back on track soon...

Its the big leagues, any team can get you in a 3 game series. The Reds have been swept by the Pirates this year and the Orioles swept the Red Sox in another series. This was a bad series to lose, especially at home. Something has to be done to improve the bullpen but they have managed to stay in first place so far.

Its the big leagues, any team can get you in a 3 game series. The Reds have been swept by the Pirates this year and the Orioles swept the Red Sox in another series. This was a bad series to lose, especially at home. Something has to be done to improve the bullpen but they have managed to stay in first place so far.

:thumb:

Dusty being Dusty! When BP decided he couldn't go Dusty should have gone to Rolen and told him he couldn't sit him down for 2 days and he was going to be in the lineup because BP was out. I'm sure he would have been good with it, but no Dusty had his mind made up and his lineup set. I mean what the heck they were only facing the 2009 Cy Young winnner why put as good a lineup as you can on the field. Just another typical Dusty Sunday lineup, a throw away game.
Rolen has only eclipsed 130 games and 500 at-bats in a season once since 2004. He's 35 years old with quite an injury history, and the prudent thing is to have him miss about one start a week to keep him healthy and in the lineup for the long haul.

Actually, several teams often field a weird-looking lineup on Sunday, primarily to rest older regulars on a Sunday afternoon after a Saturday night game. It isn't as if Dusty is altogether unique in that approach.