Indiana residents attending Jefferson County Public Schools?

theguru

The cases of Indiana residents going to private schools in the Louisville area are well documented but I am interested in knowing how many Indiana residents go to Jefferson County Public Schools? For example, I understand Manual has a lot of Indiana residents? Anyone?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think neither, public or private, should be eligible to participate in athletics. If you make it wrong for one, it should be wrong for all. If you call it wrong for one, it should be wrong for all.

Even if the rule is enacted kids will still go to the school they want. Sou. Indiana is part of Metro Louisville and all probably have family in the ville. Does living mean where your mail goes or where the kids sleeps at night. Sometimes that varies daily. It will never stop rules or not.

The cases of Indiana residents going to private schools in the Louisville area are well documented but I am interested in knowing how many Indiana residents go to Jefferson County Public Schools? For example, I understand Manual has a lot of Indiana residents? Anyone?

As far as I know Jeff Co. PS do not allow out of county kids in anymore even with tuition. There is over 98,000 kids in school and they cannot handle those. I am sure there are some that use a family members adress.

Even if the rule is enacted kids will still go to the school they want. Sou. Indiana is part of Metro Louisville and all probably have family in the ville. Does living mean where your mail goes or where the kids sleeps at night. Sometimes that varies daily. It will never stop rules or not.

I agree. As long as you have ADULTS that are not willing to follow the spirit of the rules, they will find ways around it. At the same time, I think the rules should not allow it to happen and put the onus on the adults to find a way to break the rules.

News to me. I never knew a SINGLE Indiana resident in my four years there, although I did know one legal and one illegal out of county student each in my own grade

As I have stated before, those who worry about out of staters taking opportunities away from Kentucky students should be more concerned about foreign exchange stuidents. I would bet there are far more participants from foreign countries that from neighboring states. At least the out of staters are U.S. citizens and taxpayers.

I think neither, public or private, should be eligible to participate in athletics. If you make it wrong for one, it should be wrong for all. If you call it wrong for one, it should be wrong for all.

What about activities? Theatre, band, chess club, debate club, etc.?

Question...what if there's a no-cut policy in a particular sport, what about that?

It still takes minutes in practice or games away from a kid that the school system is designed to teach and mold. I think a parent should have a reasonable expectation that the public school system is there to educate the students in that community. And doing that is not educating the youth from another state or country.

It still takes minutes in practice or games away from a kid that the school system is designed to teach and mold. I think a parent should have a reasonable expectation that the public school system is there to educate the students in that community. And doing that is not educating the youth from another state or country.

I don't understand this whole way of thinking about community. I think of the SCHOOL as a community, regradless of where the students or faculty live.

I don't understand this whole way of thinking about community. I think of the SCHOOL as a community, regradless of where the students or faculty live.

I think our views are different because of where we live. You live in a large city where the perception is all of Louisville. My life experiences come from a small, rural county. We probably look at things differently because of where we were raised or presently live.

Ohio does not allow students with residences in other states to play sports.

However, the rule as it is written is largely abused.

As I have stated before, those who worry about out of staters taking opportunities away from Kentucky students should be more concerned about foreign exchange stuidents. I would bet there are far more participants from foreign countries that from neighboring states. At least the out of staters are U.S. citizens and taxpayers.

I would bet you are wrong about this. I don't have any numbers and don't even know where to get them but I am going by Henderson's stats. I can't name one single foreign exchange student on any team.

As a matter of fact when I was in school we only had one that I can remember in the entire school and she didn't play sports. She was however very hot. ;)