Proposal #3 tabled by the BOC

The Scribe

TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED!

I don't like the idea of Kentucky kids having to compete for a Kentucky title against anything but Kentucky kids.

There are a lot of KY kids that go to other border state schools and vice versa. I don't see a problem with it. In some cases the school in the other state is closer to the student than the school in their own state.

Woodsrider, how do you feel about Kentucky kids competing against foreigners? That, of course, will continue with the "blessing" of those who passed Proposal 3. I have never seen any statistics but I would bet there are more foreign exchange students and similar types participating in athletics in Kentucky than there are athletes who have a legal residence in another state.

Schools that border other states that have students from those states in their enrollment. The private schools in NKY have students that come across the river to school.

Very, very few kids from Ohio play for schools in NKY, public or private. However, some of these kids had high profiles so I could see how some poeple might think it's more than it really is. Cov Holy Cross in particular had some high profile Ohio kids play for them.

I don't like the idea of Kentucky kids having to compete for a Kentucky title against anything but Kentucky kids.

And other Kentucky high school kids having to compete against kids from areas outside of their home school district. That's just as bad as kids coming across state lines.

The same people who claim that this rule is to protect Kentucky kids are also the ones who support the separation of public and private schools. They do this knowing that such a serparation would make it very difficult for some private schools to continue to operate on the high school level. The results would eliminate the opprotunity for some Kentucky kids to participate in athletics. So I don't believe that this rule was proposed to protect Kentucky kids as a hole but rather to protect certain schools in border areas.

I don't buy into this protection of Kentucky kids. This rule is like Prop 20 its purpose is to eliminate competition.