Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Proposal #3 tabled by the BOC

Featured Replies

From the KHSAA, "The Board tabled consideration of Proposal 3 dealing with out-of-state students pending a legal review of several issues of concern, as well as further study of an implementation timetable."

I would be happier to see this one pass the #20.

  • Author

I'm thinking Fort Campbell and the fact their school and population are actually located in Tennessee one of the "several issues of concern"

That makes sense. I really wish Indiana would pass a rule like this. Then Henderson wouldn't have to worry about losing anyone to Memorial or Mater Dei.

TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED! TABLED!

I would be happier to see this one pass the #20.

 

 

Why? This may hurt the smaller private schools more than Prop 20.

Why? This may hurt the smaller private schools more than Prop 20.

 

I don't like the idea of Kentucky kids having to compete for a Kentucky title against anything but Kentucky kids.

I don't like the idea of Kentucky kids having to compete for a Kentucky title against anything but Kentucky kids.

 

 

There are a lot of KY kids that go to other border state schools and vice versa. I don't see a problem with it. In some cases the school in the other state is closer to the student than the school in their own state.

Woodsrider, how do you feel about Kentucky kids competing against foreigners? That, of course, will continue with the "blessing" of those who passed Proposal 3. I have never seen any statistics but I would bet there are more foreign exchange students and similar types participating in athletics in Kentucky than there are athletes who have a legal residence in another state.

Why? This may hurt the smaller private schools more than Prop 20.

 

Like Who??

Like Who??

Portland Christian School for one. As I understand it, about 40 percent of their students are from Indiana.

Like Who??

 

 

Schools that border other states that have students from those states in their enrollment. The private schools in NKY have students that come across the river to school.

Schools that border other states that have students from those states in their enrollment. The private schools in NKY have students that come across the river to school.

 

Very, very few kids from Ohio play for schools in NKY, public or private. However, some of these kids had high profiles so I could see how some poeple might think it's more than it really is. Cov Holy Cross in particular had some high profile Ohio kids play for them.

I don't like the idea of Kentucky kids having to compete for a Kentucky title against anything but Kentucky kids.

And other Kentucky high school kids having to compete against kids from areas outside of their home school district. That's just as bad as kids coming across state lines.

The same people who claim that this rule is to protect Kentucky kids are also the ones who support the separation of public and private schools. They do this knowing that such a serparation would make it very difficult for some private schools to continue to operate on the high school level. The results would eliminate the opprotunity for some Kentucky kids to participate in athletics. So I don't believe that this rule was proposed to protect Kentucky kids as a hole but rather to protect certain schools in border areas.

 

I don't buy into this protection of Kentucky kids. This rule is like Prop 20 its purpose is to eliminate competition.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.