West Virginia vs. Kentucky==Fluke????

StickerMann

Actually, WVU shot better from the field and from 3pt range last night than they did against UK.

The difference was Duke made shots, UK didn't. It's that simple.

This is true....I don't know whether or not Duke would've beaten UK last night, I am glad I didn't have to worry about it. Duke shot very well, I tend to feel that the regional final against Baylor opened their mindset that they could do something special, but don't get it twisted, they have a major test again tomorrow.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a brilliant post.....UK in reality was one of the two best teams in the country, IMO.....actually likely would've beat Duke. That's the beauty of the tournament, any team can win any night. Duke has been good when needed, can they continue it one more night? No tellin'.....I am glad that they have the opportunity.

Who'd have thought it possible that Duke could fly under the radar all the way to the final Monday night?

Maybe it was a fluke, maybe not; but almost no team has its "A-game" for six games over a space of 3 weeks. I've always maintained that in order to win it all you have to find a way to win the clunker that you're almost invariably going to have over the course of the tourney; it just so happened that the Wildcats had theirs against a team that played and shot well.

Maybe it was a fluke, maybe not; but almost no team has its "A-game" for six games over a space of 3 weeks. I've always maintained that in order to win it all you have to find a way to win the clunker that you're almost invariably going to have over the course of the tourney; it just so happened that the Wildcats had theirs against a team that played and shot well.

I agree...you have to win that tough game, whether you call that luck or whatever.

I was hoping UK got theirs out of the way vs. Cornell. UK played just as bad offensively in that game, IMO. They just weren't playing as talented a team.

I agree...you have to win that tough game, whether you call that luck or whatever.

I was hoping UK got theirs out of the way vs. Cornell. UK played just as bad offensively in that game, IMO. They just weren't playing as talented a team.

I agree, their performance against Cornell was similar.

I don't think that it was a fluke that UK got beat by WVU, they had a good defensive game plan going in and it worked. UK has been inconsistent the entire year shooting the three, so the combo of WVU's outside shooting and UK's struggles rattled the Cats.

They got by against teams not as good as the Mountaineers when they did not play well, but when you get to the level of teams left at the Elite 8 level and beyond, you need to have at the minimum either a good defensive game or a good offensive game or you go to the house.

Rock Pride, everybody knows that Duke wasn't a number one seed and was given the easiest bracket this year! However, you won your games so Butler is next and we will see what happens! Also, Coach K offer of 15 Million is alot of money to turn down so don't worry he'll probably turn it down!

Rock Pride, everybody knows that Duke wasn't a number one seed and was given the easiest bracket this year! However, you won your games so Butler is next and we will see what happens! Also, Coach K offer of 15 Million is alot of money to turn down so don't worry he'll probably turn it down!

What:confused: They didnt prove themselves a 1 seed? Not to mention the ONLY 1 seed to make it to the FF.

Another reason it wasn't a fluke if they played 10 times WVA would win at least 5 of the 10.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I disagree.

UK would win 8 of 10, probably 9 of 10. West Virginia shot a mile over their head against Kentucky (as was proven in the Duke game, and the season as well) and UK shot as bad as possible, missing wide open shots all night. UK wasn't the best shooting team in the world by no means, but they were a lot better than what they showed in the WV game.

It was a fluke game in my opinion.